    of the histogram on the right totally flat. never had this problem
    with powershot S50 or previous rebell. any help? I only have few days
    to exchange the camera, any suggestions are appreciated.

    grumpy, Apr 12, 2005

  2. grumpy

    Julian Tan Guest

    Hey grumpy,

    In my opinion, pics taken with onboard flash will always turn out
    lacking, although I'm surprised that they're worse off than the
    previous model. Were they taken under the same conditions? Things
    such as the lighting available, range to subjects, and (depending on
    the proximity) things such as walls can produce a different result.

    A trick I usually use is to turn the camera on Tv (shutter priority)
    mode and set the shutter speed to around 1/40 to increase the amount of
    light coming in. Make sure to hold it steady though! You could also
    experiment maybe with the ISO settings.

    I'm thinking of purchasing an XT as well, so I'd be interested to hear
    more comments from others.

    Jules
    http://www.shuttertalk.com - the friendliest digital photography forums
    on the net!