    so what is going on??????
    win 98
    Thank you for any help even Kad man.
    Annette Kurten, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Annette Kurten

    Harry Balz Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in
    news:crmgsg$ftd$:

    > I can play cd's on winamp etc but not *any* windows media

    player.
    > So, I uninstalled winamp and downloaded windows media player

    again.
    > When I try to play a cd I get the message .
    > "can't find winamp.exe to open the cd.
    > I uninstalled win fucking amp.
    > so what is going on??????
    > win 98
    > Thank you for any help even Kad man.

    Looks like you need to reinstall win fucking amp.

    Harry Balz
    Harry Balz, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Annette Kurten

    Gee Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    > I can play cd's on winamp etc but not *any* windows media player.
    > So, I uninstalled winamp and downloaded windows media player again.
    > When I try to play a cd I get the message .
    > "can't find winamp.exe to open the cd.
    > I uninstalled win fucking amp.
    > so what is going on??????

    Yes; computers can be frustrating :) Basically audio file types have been
    associatted with WinAmp, so you need to reassociatte them with WMP.

    OK, open Windows Media player, on top, click tools -options- file types-
    click select all - click OK.

    Not sure with Win98, but you may need to restart computer to take the
    effect.

    BTW, Winamp is one of the best audio players out there, I use nothing else
    for any type of audio incl CD's. You can run both of them on the same PC,
    but you do need to choose what file types are open with what program. Winamp
    asks you that when you are installing it. If not, again you need to go to
    Options-preferances- File types and choose what you want Winamp to run.
    Gee, Jan 7, 2005
  4. Annette Kurten

    Richard Guest

    On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 17:28:48 +0000 (UTC) Annette Kurten wrote:

    > I can play cd's on winamp etc but not *any* windows media player.
    > So, I uninstalled winamp and downloaded windows media player again.
    > When I try to play a cd I get the message .
    > "can't find winamp.exe to open the cd.
    > I uninstalled win fucking amp.
    > so what is going on??????
    > win 98
    > Thank you for any help even Kad man.

    File association problem.
    Reinstall win fucking amp, and click on any file you want to open with it.
    If "Open with" does not appear when your right click on it, hold the shift
    key down and click again.
    Select "open with".
    Check the box at the bottom.
    Select "win fucking amp" and click ok.

    winamp loves to take control.
    You can use this method to make wmp take charge.
    Richard, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Annette Kurten

    Gee Guest

    > winamp loves to take control.

    Actually not true. Winamp asks which files to associate with itself during
    the installation. So as always, its all human fault :)
    Gee, Jan 7, 2005
  6. "Gee" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >
    > > winamp loves to take control.

    > Actually not true. Winamp asks which files to associate with itself during
    > the installation. So as always, its all human fault :)

    so how do I cure it?
    Annette Kurten, Jan 7, 2005

    http://www.womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/thrush/thrushtreat.html
    Kritkal Skeptiks, Jan 7, 2005
  8. Annette Kurten

    dadiOH Guest

    Annette Kurten wrote:
    > "Gee" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> winamp loves to take control.

    >> Actually not true. Winamp asks which files to associate with itself
    >> during the installation. So as always, its all human fault :)
    >>

    > so how do I cure it?

    You...

    1. Find an MP3 file

    2. Shift + right click it

    3. Select "Open with..."

    4. Tick "Always use this program to open this file"

    5. Browse to and select the program you want to use

    6. Click "Open"

    7. OK your way out.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
    dadiOH, Jan 8, 2005
  9. Annette Kurten

    Gee Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message

    >>Winamp asks which files to associate with itself during
    > > the installation. So as always, its all human fault :)
    > >

    > so how do I cure it?

    I told you in detail in my previous posting! Let WMP take over all audio
    files, or select which ones you want each to open.
    Gee, Jan 8, 2005
  10. Gee wrote:
    > "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    >> I can play cd's on winamp etc but not *any* windows media player.
    >> So, I uninstalled winamp and downloaded windows media player again.
    >> When I try to play a cd I get the message .
    >> "can't find winamp.exe to open the cd.
    >> I uninstalled win fucking amp.
    >> so what is going on??????

    > Yes; computers can be frustrating :) Basically audio file types have
    > been associatted with WinAmp, so you need to reassociatte them with
    > WMP.
    >
    > OK, open Windows Media player, on top, click tools -options- file
    > types- click select all - click OK.
    >
    > Not sure with Win98, but you may need to restart computer to take the
    > effect.
    >
    > BTW, Winamp is one of the best audio players out there, I use nothing
    > else for any type of audio incl CD's. You can run both of them on the
    > same PC, but you do need to choose what file types are open with what
    > program. Winamp asks you that when you are installing it. If not,
    > again you need to go to Options-preferances- File types and choose
    > what you want Winamp to run.

    It may very well be but it's RIP. Yep, the TimeWarner part of the AOHELL/TW
    monstrosity, have shut Nullsoft (the developer) down. Why? Well, Warner is a
    record label and they felt that Winamp (being a media player) could be used
    to play tracks that had been illegally downloaded. Yep, they really are that
    paranoid...
    on salads.
    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Jan 8, 2005
  11. Annette Kurten

    Joel Rubin Guest

    Just out of curiosity, is "pissed" a word which deserves to be
    partially asterisked out?

    Usually, the biggest factor in whether an English word describing
    bodily functions near the genetalia is OK or not has to do with its
    being Norman French, the language of aristocrats after 1066, or Low
    (as in northerly) German. Pissoir is a perfectly good word in modern
    French.
    Joel Rubin, Jan 8, 2005
  12. Annette Kurten

    Gee Guest

    "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <> wrote in message

    > > BTW, Winamp is one of the best audio players out there, I use nothing
    > > else for any type of audio incl CD's.

    > It may very well be but it's RIP. Yep, the TimeWarner part of the

    AOHELL/TW
    > monstrosity, have shut Nullsoft (the developer) down. Why? Well, Warner is

    > record label and they felt that Winamp (being a media player) could be

    used
    > to play tracks that had been illegally downloaded. Yep, they really are

    that
    > paranoid...

    No way! When did that happen? That is completely out of order! And yeah,
    definitely paranoid! Geez!

    So hung on, are they also goint to shut down Microsoft's Windows Media
    Player cos it also CAN play illegally downloaded even ripped MP3 files?????

    Just how far are they gonna go?????

    I think world wide boycot of all music sales is in order to teach them a
    lesson! ARGH! I cannot believe this!

    I just read the details, complete mayhem! Who;s s(crew)ing whom!
    http://slate.msn.com/id/2109615/
    Gee, Jan 9, 2005
  13. Annette Kurten

    Gee Guest

    "Joel Rubin" <> wrote in message
    > Just out of curiosity, is "pissed" a word which deserves to be
    > partially asterisked out?

    It is one of the banned words from daytime radio and TV in UK, so yeah, ###
    are necessary :)
    Gee, Jan 9, 2005

    brenden charles kent, Jan 9, 2005
  15. Annette Kurten

    Gee Guest

    "brenden charles kent" <> wrote in message

    > > So hung on, are they also goint to shut down Microsoft's Windows Media
    > > Player cos it also CAN play illegally downloaded even ripped MP3
    > > files?????
    > >
    > >no way i cant believe that i mean event i use windows media to play
    > >illegalk tracks but that doeant mean thats how im gettin them iit jus

    means
    > >i use it if they want to shut down downloadin softwares go ahead but i
    > >have like hundreds of dollars worth of music on windows media anf if they
    > >shut it down i'll lose it all man this sucks

    well, I guess even tho they have shut down the company, they cannot stop us
    from using the software that is already on our PC, so don;t worry about it.
    I'll still use my Winamp, cos really I cannot find anything better ! :)

    As forWMP, naah, I dont think they'd dare take on the big shark Gates :)
    Gee, Jan 9, 2005