    soundcard driver which i downloaded it fron the internet site of
    realtek but during installation Windows XP gives system fault and sut
    itself down.. anybody has an idea about this issue???
    ayhan, Jun 14, 2006

  2. ayhan

    Anonymous Guest

    > hi..i formatted and rebooted my pc and tried to install realtek
    > soundcard driver which i downloaded it fron the internet site of
    > realtek but during installation Windows XP gives system fault and sut
    > itself down.. anybody has an idea about this issue???

    Try this: I think I have the order correct.

    control panel> system> advanced> open the device manager. Look for a
    red X, I believe it is, under sound video cards. Remove the x one,
    (if present) don't reboot.

    Go to windows update from your start menu.

    You should be able to find the ac97 driver by going to windows update site
    and it should be in the driver update area, I think it is, (I'm not on xp
    right now) look around for it.

    If you cannot find it try rebooting then immidietly go to windows update
    and look for the ac97 again.

    I've had the same problem you had with the download, not sure waht it is.

    -=-
    This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.
    Anonymous, Jun 15, 2006