Realtek audio Vista drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jan 13, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RG91ZyBBYnJhaGFtc29u?=, Jan 15, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Theo Guest

    Make sure you have the correct drivers for your system.

    Theo, Jan 15, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    I got the same thing. And I get a dumber error from Windows Update.
    Now it says device cannot start. I'm on vista ultimate.

    Doug Abrahamson wrote:
    > I tried to install the AC'97 Codecs because I am not getting any sound in
    > Vista and during the install, I got a message that Vista could not install
    > the driver. Not sure what to do next.
    >
    > "Carlos" wrote:
    >
    > > Realtek has released Vista drivers for their audio chipsets embeddeed in many
    > > popular motherboards and notebooks.
    > > http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    > > Download link:
    > > ftp://202.65.194.18/pc/audio/6211_Vista_APO.zip
    > > Carlos

    , Jan 21, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 21, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I had
    the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
    Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
    job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.

    John Barnes, Jan 21, 2007
  7. I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but the
    drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging this.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVtaQ==?=, Jan 27, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you tried to roll back the drivers.

    John Barnes, Jan 27, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Dshai Guest

    Not to sound out of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers plugged
    in right and powered on?

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Jan 27, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    demi Guest

    On Jan 27, 8:45 am, "Dshai" <> wrote:
    > Not to sound out of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers plugged
    > in right and powered on?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dshai
    >
    > Life is only limited by those living it...
    >
    > "Demi" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm also having a problem with Realtek drivers. I have no sound, but the
    > > drivers look good in the device manager. Any suggestions on debugging
    > > this.

    > > "John Barnes" wrote:

    > >> If you had sound before Windows Update, at least you can roll back. I
    > >> had
    > >> the same problem with video, after the install the video was trashed.
    > >> Rollback worked fine in my case. Seems Microsoft isn't doing that good a
    > >> job with their WHQL driver support thru Update anymore.

    > >> <> wrote in message

    I didn't rollback and since then I purchased a Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    sound card since I noticed they had vista drivers. I uninstalled all
    the realtek stuff. The SoundMax stuff wouldn't uninstall, so I
    removed it (actually, I moved it somewhere else, just in case). I
    then installed the SB drivers and it still doesn't work. It's a major
    pain in the butt. I can't help but think there's something wrong
    inside vista itself. My other symptom is that Medial player gives a
    error message when trying to play a song and the little speaker in the
    task tray has a red x and it says, "No audio device is installed".

    BTW, checked the power and speaker wires about 10 times now. They're
    ok.

    demi, Jan 30, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Go into your BIOS and disable the Realtek onboard sound. The go into device
    manager and find the sound card. Should be an ! If it is there, go to the
    Creative site and make sure you are downloading the correct drivers for your
    card and Operating System 64-bit drivers. Run the driver install program.
    You should be able to get sound. You can also try installing from Device
    Manager if that doesn't work.

    John Barnes, Jan 31, 2007
  12. "unknown" wrote:before i update my realteck vista drive should i go to the
    add remove papanel and remove the drive there before i download the updated
    drive ?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGVl?=, Jan 31, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    demi Guest

    On Jan 30, 7:47 pm, "John Barnes" <> wrote:
    > Go into your BIOS and disable the Realtek onboardsound. The go into device
    > manager and find thesoundcard. Should be an ! If it is there, go to the
    > Creative site and make sure you are downloading the correct drivers for your
    > card and Operating System 64-bit drivers. Run thedriverinstall program.
    > You should be able to getsound. You can also try installing from Device
    > Manager if that doesn't work.
    >
    > "demi" <> wrote in message

    > > On Jan 27, 8:45 am, "Dshai" <> wrote:
    > >> Not tosoundout of line, but I've seen it happen, are the speakers
    > >> plugged
    > >> in right and powered on?

    > >> --

    > >> Dshai

    > >> Life is only limited by those living it...

    > >> "Demi" <> wrote in message

    > > I didn't rollback and since then I purchased aSoundBlasterAudigySE
    > >soundcard since I noticed they hadvistadrivers. I uninstalled all
    > > the realtek stuff. The SoundMax stuff wouldn't uninstall, so I
    > > removed it (actually, I moved it somewhere else, just in case). I
    > > then installed the SB drivers and it still doesn't work. It's a major
    > > pain in the butt. I can't help but think there's something wrong
    > > insidevistaitself. My other symptom is that Medial player gives a
    > > error message when trying to play a song and the little speaker in the
    > > task tray has a red x and it says, "No audio device is installed".

    > > BTW, checked the power and speaker wires about 10 times now. They're
    > > ok.- Hide quoted text -

    I had basically done that except first I removed the driver, then I
    rebooted and disabled the sound on the motherboard through the bios,
    the I installed the creative drivers.

    Unfortunately, I think there' s something else a work here. It's my
    son's machine and when we had originally set it up we were having
    problems with the video card drivers. Originally, the sound from the
    Realtek drivers worked, but it was scratchy. At some point during the
    process of him installing stuff, because we started with with a clean
    hard-drive, the sound stopped working. We're not sure when. Then we
    starting fiddling with the sound drivers, then the sound card as I
    mentioned above and now this is where we are.

    Here's a question, in the device manager in XP under "sound, video and
    game controllers" I see different "codecs". I don't see these in
    Vista. Are they supposed to be there? Is this a clue?

    demi, Jan 31, 2007