Realtek AC97 v3.91 drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 5, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 5, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > A new release of Realtek audio chipset drivers can be found here:
    > ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A391.exe
    > Carlos

    Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
    some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
    there.

    Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
    Energy."
    , Aug 5, 2006

  3. My link is the official realtek download link.
    I just pasted it from there.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Actually it is already showing up as an optional download in Windows Update
    for Vista x86. I installed from there and have sound in 5472 x86 for the
    first time. The update does not show up yet in WU on x64. I don't know
    whether it is for x64 or not.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Considering the size of the download (27 megs) in Realtek site it should be
    for both x86 and x64.
    Have you already downloaded it
    (ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/6122_Vista_Beta2.zip)?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 6, 2006
  6. Silvio N Oliveira, Aug 6, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > My link is the official realtek download link.
    > I just pasted it from there.
    > Carlos
    >
    > "" wrote:
    >

    > > Carlos wrote:
    > > > A new release of Realtek audio chipset drivers can be found here:
    > > > ftp://152.104.238.194/pc/ac97/alc650/WDM_A391.exe
    > > > Carlos

    > > Not that I don't trust you, but I would never load an executable from
    > > some mystery IP address. I did go to the realtek page and load it from
    > > there.
    > >
    > > Unfortunately, it has not solved the X64 crash in HalfLIfe 2 "Dark
    > > Energy."

    Yes, the link is correct. However, it is a bad practice to install
    software from unknown links, unless you like trojan horses, spyware,
    etc.
    , Aug 6, 2006
  8. Miso:
    Do things the way that make you comfortable. Carlos as with many of
    us have been with this NG for a long time, all of us try to help what we
    can. Carlos has taken pride in finding and posting new things available as
    information for everybody to use or know about. To this date I haven't found
    a driver to post before him and have thanked him many times for the insight
    and work that he's done to keep us up to date.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 6, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    You don't install from links.....you save the executable to disk. That way
    you can use your antivirus to scan the executable before running it. I
    never 'run' anything, always 'save to disk' first.

    Carlos always posts good links :)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)

    Jane C, Aug 6, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    Jane C wrote:
    > You don't install from links.....you save the executable to disk. That way
    > you can use your antivirus to scan the executable before running it. I
    > never 'run' anything, always 'save to disk' first.
    >
    > Carlos always posts good links :)
    >
    > --
    > Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    > Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)
    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Carlos wrote:
    > >> My link is the official realtek download link.
    > >> I just pasted it from there.
    > >> Carlos

    > > Yes, the link is correct. However, it is a bad practice to install
    > > software from unknown links, unless you like trojan horses, spyware,
    > > etc.

    Yes, nobody will ever pretend to be Carlos and post a link to a virus.
    Oh, and those virus authors submit their viruses to the anti-virus
    companies, so nobody is ever the first to get a virus that is
    undetected.

    How difficult is it to post this link?
    <http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True>

    More on topic, since this file works in 32 and 64 bits, is it really 64
    bit software?
    , Aug 6, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I concur. Carlos is reliable and on top of driver updates.

    John Barnes, Aug 6, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Ray Guest

    Just as a FYI, Vista's "Windows Update" had the Realtek drivers as an
    optional update yesterday.

    Ray

    Ray, Aug 6, 2006
  13. Miso:
    The download has both x86 and x64 drivers. For a driver to install
    in x64 it has to be a x64 driver. x86 or x64 programs will install on x64.

    Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2, Aug 6, 2006
  14. Thanks everybody for your support!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 6, 2006
  15. That's what I've alwas done.
    Post both the web page address and the download link.
    This time I was in a hurry (i.e.: my wife was urging me to go to the
    supermarket) and completed only half of the task.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 6, 2006
  16. Yup, you're forgiven this time. ;)

    All that being said, we should all be careful about links, both the posting
    and the use. Like Miso, I wouldn't ever click on an IP address link just as
    a matter of normal precaution.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 6, 2006
  17. I only saw it in x86. It is is not showing up in x64.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 6, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Ray Guest

    I'm running x64, just checked the Update details and it shows up as
    installation successful, Update type: Optional

    Ray

    Ray, Aug 6, 2006
  19. Newest drivers are out 11/16/2006

    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false