Realtek AC97 Audio Codecs for XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 10, 2007.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 10, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Theo Guest

    Windows update will not present this because Microsoft has
    not put it on their site as a Microsoft certified update.
    You have to manually download the file and then manually
    install the driver. You should check to see if there is a
    recommendation to uninstall the current driver, if you have
    previously installed one from Realtek, and then install the
    new one.

    Theo, May 10, 2007
  4. Thanks Theo, I can unistall the old one using the Unistall Programs thingy.
    I have also installed the HD package is that correct?
    (Still downloading the Vista Driver)

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 10, 2007
  5. Well I have just ried to install the driver 6231 and its not having any of
    it. I already have Vista_r166 installed do you think thats it?
    I kept getting asked to install the driver and warned that it was not
    digitally signed (no problem there are loads of anomalies like that still for
    XP) after the 4th such warning and no advance on the installation bar I
    cancelled.
    Could some one please confirm that the driver doesnt work or if I have to
    let it install more than 4 times!

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 10, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    There are two separate and distinct Realtek products. AC97 is a little
    older. HD is on the newest boards. You have to find out the product on
    your MOBO and install the correct driver for it.

    John Barnes, May 10, 2007
  7. Hi John (Your not the Footballer are you!?)
    I know it will be the older one. I am using an Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe mobo and
    I used to use nVidia audio drivers I dislike the Realtek ones enormously.
    So it will be the AC97. I did install the HD one but Windows Update went off
    on its own and downloaded the old Realtek driver and then told me It was the
    wrong one for Vista!
    But I still couldnt get the newer Realtek Vista one to install.
    I will wait until Windows Update does it for me methinks.
    Has anyone else had the problem?

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 10, 2007
  8. Eskimosound:
    My post refers to a new set of Windows XP x64 drivers.
    I did not mean Vista x64.
    Your motherboard uses the Realtek ALC850 (AC97) chipset for which you do not
    need HD drivers.
    So, the v4.00 drivers I mention are not for Vista but for all Windows except
    Vista.

    The 6321's that you found in that page are for Vista and they work.
    Those are the ones you should install in Vista x64.
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 10, 2007
  9. Thanks Carlos, the Vista ones dont work! But dont worry the old ones do.
    I will wait for Microsoft to check, approve and stick them on the Windows
    Update list (If thats what hey do!)
    Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?RXNraW1vc291bmQ=?=, May 10, 2007