Realplayer

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by nof, Feb 25, 2011.

  1. nof

    nof Guest

    Just a warning to nz.comp readers:

    I have been debited in Feb 2011 $20.99 and from Dec 2010 New Zealand
    dollars $15.75 by Realplayer Superpa and Unlimited Movies at
    206-6742650WA. I did not contact this company at all. I want a refund
    and guarantee that I will never hear from Realplayer ever again.

    I am still working on this and have heard from Real Player. It is
    quite remarkable to hear from them so quickly. They suggested that
    someone using this computer has perhaps downloaded something "free".
    If so what does "free" mean? I must be the someone as I am the only
    user.

    How did my card details get to Real? While I was searching through
    google I found a reference to Rialto Channel and have written to it.
    So I have unsubscribed from Rialto and informed Sky Tv.

    I am not saying anything is wrong with Realplayer Superpa. Others may
    be happy to receive this method of finding customers

    Cheers

    nof, Feb 25, 2011

  2. On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:28:47 -0800 (PST), nof <> wrote:

    >Just a warning to nz.comp readers:
    >
    >I have been debited in Feb 2011 $20.99 and from Dec 2010 New Zealand
    >dollars $15.75 by Realplayer Superpa and Unlimited Movies at
    >206-6742650WA. I did not contact this company at all. I want a refund
    >and guarantee that I will never hear from Realplayer ever again.
    >
    >I am still working on this and have heard from Real Player. It is
    >quite remarkable to hear from them so quickly. They suggested that
    >someone using this computer has perhaps downloaded something "free".
    >If so what does "free" mean? I must be the someone as I am the only
    >user.
    >
    >How did my card details get to Real? While I was searching through
    >google I found a reference to Rialto Channel and have written to it.
    >So I have unsubscribed from Rialto and informed Sky Tv.
    >
    >I am not saying anything is wrong with Realplayer Superpa. Others may
    >be happy to receive this method of finding customers
    >
    >Cheers

    If this was charged to your Credit Card you can refuse to pay it, its in
    the rules.

    William Brown, Feb 26, 2011