Really weird !!!

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by lazerspot, Oct 4, 2008.

1. lazerspot

lazerspot

Hi All ... my buddy asked me to look at his computer which is running win xp and has this really strange problem. It runs through the bios ok then starts to load win xp. When the win xp window shows on the monitor it kicks back to the option menu ie safe mode, safe mode with networking etc.. It just keeps doing this. I tried selecting all in the safe mode menu but nothing works ... again the monitor shows the win XP window then back to the safe mode menu. I tried booting from the two DVD burners that he has and for some reason it doesn't recognise either of the DVD burners. I can go into setup and select the boot sequence but to no avail. I can't do anything to get at the hard drive to format it as I think, and this has happened before, he have a very malicious virus. I'v dealt with many viruses and malware before but I never seen one that could do this. Since I can't boot from the DVD drives I was going to try to boot from a USB device but I'm not sure it is even worth the effort or time.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated ... thanks in advance and take care ...Vic

lazerspot, Oct 4, 2008
    1. Advertising