    Custom built AMD1700/512mbRAM/XPProSP2/56kdailup(sigh)/not networked

    Thank you all for any help....
    KC

    KC, Dec 6, 2004

  2. KC

    docmill Guest

    "KC" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I don't like it, firstly, but sometimes I HAVE to use it. Anyway, I
    > recently had a re-format from 98SE to XPProSP2 and from all I heard
    > beforehand OE6 would give me a hassle about opening attachments.
    > Well, my problem is that mine automatically opens them even though I
    > have the security settings box checked to not let me. I don't use the
    > preview pane and 'supposedly' Norton2003 (updated) checks these
    > anyway but I would prefer to manually deal with each attachment as it
    > comes. Funny that with my old system I had to tell it 2 or 3 times to
    > open----what am I missing?
    >
    > Custom built AMD1700/512mbRAM/XPProSP2/56kdailup(sigh)/not networked
    >
    > Thank you all for any help....
    > KC

    From a group of ???'s

    In IE6....Start >>> Settings>>>Folder options>>>file
    types>>>edit>>>check
    "confirm open after download" which will deny access to
    the particular file
    type and from being saved etc.....uncheck to allow access
    to that file type
    and those attachments with that particular file type and
    it will come thru
    as a normal attachment with full access.....you can also
    add new file types
    if you wish

    --

    docmill, Dec 6, 2004