    This yields a 72" x 18" print @ 300 dpi.
    Anybody know about any good deals on 6-foot frames?

    The next pic is an actual-size crop from one of the original images.

    Annika1980, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Robert Barr Guest

    That's remarkable.

    Pano looks addictive.

    Robert Barr, Nov 16, 2004

  3. ATTENTION SEEKERS LOVE THE 20D !!!

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message

    [snip snip snip]

    This obsession with the 20D - it's not, er, related to penis size, by any
    chance?...

    Conan The Rotarian, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Don dunlap Guest

    > Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    > This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two)
    > eight-megapixel
    > images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II lens.

    > Of course, this is a greatly downsized version. The original
    > pano is over 10x as large, measuring 21,600 x 5,400 pixels.
    > This yields a 72" x 18" print @ 300 dpi.
    > Anybody know about any good deals on 6-foot frames?
    >
    > The next pic is an actual-size crop from one of the original images.

    That is a fantastic shot. The clarity is amazing. What program did you use
    to stitch it with? How big was the output file - 1 gb?
    Don Dunlap

    Don dunlap, Nov 16, 2004
  5. "Annika1980" <> wrote:

    > Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    > This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two)

    eight-megapixel
    > images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II lens.

    That's absolutely gorgeous.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    wald Guest

    (Annika1980) wrote:

    > Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    > This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two)
    > eight-megapixel images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II lens.

    Now that we're talking panos anyway, here's one from my trip to
    Guatemala in september:

    http://perswww.kuleuven.ac.be/~u0039093/dl/Tajamulco_pano_small.jpg

    It's the view from the Tajamulco volcano, the highest peak in
    Central America, done with a simple Canon Powershot A80 and Panorama
    Factory. It's a bit small, but I'm currently too lazy to post a
    bigger version...

    Enjoy,
    Wald

    wald, Nov 16, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Owamanga Guest

    On 16 Nov 2004 05:24:41 GMT, (Annika1980) wrote:

    >Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    >This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two) eight-megapixel
    >images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II lens.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36405442/original
    >
    >Of course, this is a greatly downsized version. The original
    >pano is over 10x as large, measuring 21,600 x 5,400 pixels.
    >This yields a 72" x 18" print @ 300 dpi.
    >Anybody know about any good deals on 6-foot frames?
    >
    >The next pic is an actual-size crop from one of the original images.
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36406264/original

    Nice - again - you seem to suit panoramas. But for a 2000x500 pixel
    image with such a wide AOV, detail is *critical* and at 770Kb, you
    compressed it too much. An image that took so long to make, surely is
    worth a 1.5Mb download?

    I guess you avoided using a polarizer for this...

    Now it's time for you to take a visit to the Swiss Alps.

    --
    Owamanga!

    Owamanga, Nov 16, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Don dunlap"

    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36406264/original
    >>

    >That is a fantastic shot. The clarity is amazing. What program did you use
    >to stitch it with? How big was the output file - 1 gb?
    >Don Dunlap

    Well that was a tough one. I used Panorama Tools with PT Assembler to do the
    stitching. I also used both the Auto-Pano and Enblend plugins. The first run
    with PanoTools took about 10 hours to process, and that's on my speedy new P4
    with 2GB RAM. The Enblend program wouldn't handle all 42 segments at once so I
    had to do it in 4 sections and then piece them together in Photoshop.

    Annika1980, Nov 16, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Owamanga Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:47:00 +0000 (UTC), wald
    <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

    > (Annika1980) wrote:
    >
    >> Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    >> This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two)
    >> eight-megapixel images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II lens.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36405442/original

    >Now that we're talking panos anyway, here's one from my trip to
    >Guatemala in september:
    >
    >http://perswww.kuleuven.ac.be/~u0039093/dl/Tajamulco_pano_small.jpg
    >
    >It's the view from the Tajamulco volcano, the highest peak in
    >Central America, done with a simple Canon Powershot A80 and Panorama
    >Factory. It's a bit small, but I'm currently too lazy to post a
    >bigger version...
    >
    >Enjoy,
    >Wald

    Bad crop dude, where did the ground go?

    ...getting vertigo..

    ...falling..

    ...aaaagh!..

    --
    Owamanga!

    Owamanga, Nov 16, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    wald Guest

    Owamanga <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:47:00 +0000 (UTC), wald
    > <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
    >
    >> (Annika1980) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    >>> This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two)
    >>> eight-megapixel images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II
    >>> lens.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36405442/original

    >>Now that we're talking panos anyway, here's one from my trip to
    >>Guatemala in september:
    >>
    >>http://perswww.kuleuven.ac.be/

    ~u0039093/dl/Tajamulco_pano_small.j
    >>pg
    >>
    >>It's the view from the Tajamulco volcano, the highest peak in
    >>Central America, done with a simple Canon Powershot A80 and
    >>Panorama Factory. It's a bit small, but I'm currently too lazy
    >>to post a bigger version...
    >>
    >>Enjoy,
    >>Wald

    > Bad crop dude, where did the ground go?

    Well, the air was more interesting, and it was too f***ing cold up
    there to shoot another series :)

    Wald

    wald, Nov 16, 2004
  11. Hi

    Oh my Gawd. Lovely picture.

    Best Regards
    Gary
    www.basic-digital-photography.com

    Gary Hendricks, Nov 16, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    Don dunlap Guest

    > >From: "Don dunlap"

    >>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36406264/original
    >>>

    >>That is a fantastic shot. The clarity is amazing. What program did you
    >>use
    >>to stitch it with? How big was the output file - 1 gb?
    >>Don Dunlap

    > Well that was a tough one. I used Panorama Tools with PT Assembler to do
    > the
    > stitching. I also used both the Auto-Pano and Enblend plugins. The first
    > run
    > with PanoTools took about 10 hours to process, and that's on my speedy new
    > P4
    > with 2GB RAM. The Enblend program wouldn't handle all 42 segments at once
    > so I
    > had to do it in 4 sections and then piece them together in Photoshop.

    Damn! With my system it would probably take two days! I am getting ready
    to upgrade my motherboard and memory, but I wasn' t planning on 2 gb memory,
    only 1. I guess I had better reconsider, not because I want to duplicate
    what you did but because it looks as if some of the things I want to do will
    take a lot more memory. The only stitcher I have now is the one that came
    with the camera, but it looked as if it worked ok with the small jobs I have
    done so far.

    Thanks for the info.

    Don Dunlap

    Don dunlap, Nov 16, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    Savidge4 Guest

    >Anybody know about any good deals on 6-foot frames?

    I print this kind of stuff on a regular basis and found the molding section of
    your favorite hardware store to be the best deal for 6 foot frames!

    Hope that helps!

    Savidge4, Nov 16, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 16, 2004
  15. Annika1980

    Sabineellen Guest

    >Subject: REALLY HUGE PANOS LOVE THE 20D !!!
    >From: (Annika1980)

    Damn you, Bret; I first read with my peripheral vision as "REALLY HUGE PENIS
    LOVE THE 20D !!!"

    Sabineellen, Nov 17, 2004
  16. Annika1980

    kpfeif Guest

    (Annika1980) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    > This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two) eight-megapixel
    > images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II lens.

    > Of course, this is a greatly downsized version. The original
    > pano is over 10x as large, measuring 21,600 x 5,400 pixels.
    > This yields a 72" x 18" print @ 300 dpi.
    > Anybody know about any good deals on 6-foot frames?
    >
    > The next pic is an actual-size crop from one of the original images.

    Did you use any special panorama head on the tripod? How long did it
    take you to actually take the photographs?

    kpfeif, Nov 17, 2004
  17. Very, very nice image!
    Is that a full 360 degree pano or something lower?
    How much overlap did you allow for each image?
    I see you used Panorama tools. I have not been able to get that program to
    run on my machine. I guess I must be reading the wrong installation guides.
    Again, nice image, and thanks for posting.

    Matthew Dranchak, Nov 17, 2004
  18. Annika1980

    Jer Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > Ok, panoramic fans, here's one you might not believe.
    > This is a stitched panoramic taken from 42 (yes, forty-two) eight-megapixel
    > images from the 20D and the 50mm f.1.8 II lens.

    > Of course, this is a greatly downsized version. The original
    > pano is over 10x as large, measuring 21,600 x 5,400 pixels.
    > This yields a 72" x 18" print @ 300 dpi.
    > Anybody know about any good deals on 6-foot frames?
    >
    > The next pic is an actual-size crop from one of the original images.

    friggin highlights are blown!!! :))))) j/k

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    Jer, Nov 17, 2004
  19. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/36405442/original
    >>

    >Did you use any special panorama head on the tripod? How long did it
    >take you to actually take the photographs?

    No pano head. Just the old Bogen 3047.
    Once I got my method down, it was only a few seconds between each shot so the
    whole thing only took a few minutes.

    I started at the left side and using a vertical orientation I'd shoot the top
    pic or the two rows, loosen the knob on the tripod, lower the camera, tighten
    the knob, and then I'd shoot the bottom pic.
    Then I'd go back up to where I was and move the camera slightly to the right
    and continue on.

    I use the dots in the viewfinder as guides.
    They look something like this:

    o o

    o o o

    o o

    So when I take the top shot I make a note of what is in the bottom dot. Then I
    move the camera until what was in the bottom dot is now in the top dot.
    After I raise the camera back up, moving what is now in the top dot back to the
    bottom dot, I then move the camera to the right until what was under the
    rightmost dot is now under the left one.

    Much easier to do than to explain.

    Annika1980, Nov 17, 2004
  20. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest