    in the field, but I try to include any computer knowledge to my
    workplace.
    , May 17, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Really had a hard time with A+2003 os technology exam. first of all, i
    > only used simulated exams to review for the test. secondly, you must be
    > knowledgeable on the latest operating systems around specially with
    > Microsoft's products (OS) and some of OS X and Linux! Without my IT
    > experience, i could have failed the exam MISERABLY!!! Recommends: Try
    > looking for a study material (Books, sim exams, etc.) Infact i used
    > ucertify exam simulation. These tests don't seem like it would be for
    > entry level persons just starting. The questions were difficult and you
    > must really study hard.
    > I thought the exam was a little harder than the hardware exam. It is
    > true when they say you need experience in the field. Well, I don't work
    > in the field, but I try to include any computer knowledge to my
    > workplace.

    I'm confused. I don't remember anything on Linux and I sure don't remember
    anything on OS X, and the CompTIA objectives for this test mention neither.
    About the closest it gets is AppleTalk and TCP/IP in the networking part,
    and TCP/IP is hardly specific to Unix or Linux.
    Patrick Michael, May 17, 2005

  3. James C Guest

    I guess it does help a lot when you work in the field. You tend to pick
    up a lot more "on the job" than reading out of a book...good to hear you
    passed anyway...

    James C, May 18, 2005
  4. Guest

    I thought the exam was fairly easy, I got 702(not perfect but its a
    pass), 70% of the question were repeats of the pratice exmas I had
    taken

    now I try for the Network +
    , May 19, 2005