    have a well protected system without using *Beta* software or paying for
    a program.

    My 2 cents
    Star@*.*.invalid, Jan 23, 2005

  2. Star@*.*.invalid wrote:

    > Several post on this NG in say they run about the same protection
    > programs as I do but when they ran the MS Antispyware program it found
    > (enter a number) new spyware/malware.

    > I think my results show that if you take care of your system, *use and
    > update* the programs that are recommended by many on this NG you can
    > have a well protected system without using *Beta* software or paying for
    > a program.

    I suspect the reports of finding stuff the non-MS programs have missed
    has resulted in those not having been kept current.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Upgrading From IE http://blinkynet.net/comp/upgrade.html
    Mozilla Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 23, 2005

  3. Star@*.*.invalid

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <Star@*.*.invalid> wrote in message
    | Been reading all the post and some reviews of the MS Antispyware Beta
    | so thought since I just retired a computer I would give it a go.
    | Unlike the reviews I have read my test box was not preloaded with all
    | the Malware I could find but was a system that has been in use and on
    | the Internet daily for about 2 years.
    |
    | System is XPPro SP1. Use Ad_Aware 6 > SE, Spy_Bot SD > 1.5TX,
    | SpywareBlaster, No Ads Host file and AVG 6 > 7. Also have ZA Pro.
    |
    | Results of MS Antispyware program resulted in the finding of 2 registery
    | errors. These errors were a URL which was installed by SpywareBlaster
    | in the blocked sites domains for IE.
    |
    | Several post on this NG in say they run about the same protection
    | programs as I do but when they ran the MS Antispyware program it found
    | (enter a number) new spyware/malware.
    |
    | I think my results show that if you take care of your system, *use and
    | update* the programs that are recommended by many on this NG you can
    | have a well protected system without using *Beta* software or paying for
    | a program.
    |
    | My 2 cents

    I concur. I in fact got exactly two myself. The system I ran it on is my
    main office desktop. It's been connected to the Internet continuously for
    over a year.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Star@*.*.invalid

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    | Star@*.*.invalid wrote:
    |
    | > Several post on this NG in say they run about the same protection
    | > programs as I do but when they ran the MS Antispyware program it found
    | > (enter a number) new spyware/malware.
    |
    | > I think my results show that if you take care of your system, *use and
    | > update* the programs that are recommended by many on this NG you can
    | > have a well protected system without using *Beta* software or paying for
    | > a program.
    |
    | I suspect the reports of finding stuff the non-MS programs have missed
    | has resulted in those not having been kept current.

    Or that's all the program knows how to catch <g>!
    Toolman Tim, Jan 23, 2005
  5. Toolman Tim wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >| Star@*.*.invalid wrote:
    >|
    >| > Several post on this NG in say they run about the same protection
    >| > programs as I do but when they ran the MS Antispyware program it found
    >| > (enter a number) new spyware/malware.
    >|
    >| > I think my results show that if you take care of your system, *use and
    >| > update* the programs that are recommended by many on this NG you can
    >| > have a well protected system without using *Beta* software or paying for
    >| > a program.
    >|
    >| I suspect the reports of finding stuff the non-MS programs have missed
    >| has resulted in those not having been kept current.
    >|
    > Or that's all the program knows how to catch <g>!

    Or it installs them, then narks on them. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 23, 2005
  6. Star@*.*.invalid

    | Toolman Tim wrote:
    |
    | > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    | >| Star@*.*.invalid wrote:
    | >|
    | >|
    | >|
    | >| I suspect the reports of finding stuff the non-MS programs have missed
    | >| has resulted in those not having been kept current.
    | >|
    | > Or that's all the program knows how to catch <g>!
    |
    | Or it installs them, then narks on them. :)

    <BEG>
    Toolman Tim, Jan 23, 2005