REAL-TIME EXPLOITS TRACKING WITH ANTI-EXPLOIT

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Imhotep, Sep 16, 2005.

  1. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    "The Anti-Exploit exploit scanner utilizes kernel features to identify
    suspicious files when they are created or used. Anti-Exploit tags
    suspicious file by checking its md5 value (will be changed to
    signature-based) and comparing it against a database of well-known
    malicious tools such as exploits, rootkits, etc.

    Anti-Exploit does not require any special modules for installation and on
    most systems it will be installed smoothly. The only additional package
    required is Dazuko Linux kernel module, which provides an interface for
    file system access control. Anti-Exploit comes with a configuration file,
    enables one to modify settings such as proxy information (for updates),
    email alerts and more. It must be edited prior executing the final
    installation step."

    http://www.ebcvg.com/articles.php?id=884

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Imhotep

    Dazz Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <>
    wrote:

    Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?

    Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
    disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(

    Mucho gracias. :)

    Dazz

    Dazz, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Dazz wrote:

    > On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?
    >
    > Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
    > disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(
    >
    > Mucho gracias. :)
    >
    > Dazz

    It was a cut and paste job. The original title was in caps....

    de nada,
    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Sep 16, 2005
  4. Imhotep

    Dazz Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:59:25 -0400, Imhotep <>
    wrote:

    >Dazz wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?
    >>
    >> Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
    >> disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(
    >>
    >> Mucho gracias. :)
    >>
    >> Dazz

    >It was a cut and paste job. The original title was in caps....

    Ahh, I figured it might have been something like that, but wasn't
    totally sure.

    Keep up the posts - I don't often get the chance to go searching for
    the latest security related news, so I appreciate the fact that you
    post the links here. :)

    Dazz

    Dazz, Sep 16, 2005
  5. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Dazz wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:59:25 -0400, Imhotep <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Dazz wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:08:21 -0400, Imhotep <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Any chance you could tone down the shouting in the subject line?
    >>>
    >>> Everytime I see a post with all caps in the subject line, I normally
    >>> disregard it because I think it's a spammer/troll. :-(
    >>>
    >>> Mucho gracias. :)
    >>>
    >>> Dazz

    >>It was a cut and paste job. The original title was in caps....

    > Ahh, I figured it might have been something like that, but wasn't
    > totally sure.
    >
    > Keep up the posts - I don't often get the chance to go searching for
    > the latest security related news, so I appreciate the fact that you
    > post the links here. :)
    >
    > Dazz
    >
    >>de nada,
    >>Imhotep

    Thanks. It is nice to hear a complament once and a while. My job requires me
    to keep up to date with all security issues. So, when I come across
    something I post. I am a firm believer in data sharing.

    Anyway, thanks.
    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Sep 16, 2005