    "General Error". I already tried reinastalling the sound card drivers
    but it did'nt work.
    Any help ?

    Oren Almog, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Oren Almog

    Larry Guest

    Have you tried reinstalling Real Player. Can't explain it but this has
    happened to me and after reinstalling it, everything seems to work again...
    Hope this helps.

    Larry, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Oren Almog

    Oren Almog Guest

    "Larry" <> wrote in message news:<AjB2b.260422$o%2.120145@sccrnsc02>...
    > Have you tried reinstalling Real Player. Can't explain it but this has
    > happened to me and after reinstalling it, everything seems to work again...
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > "Oren Almog" <> wrote in message
    > > It seems that it does not recognize my sound card. Every time i am
    > > trying to play something: be it an mp3 or video file or CD i get a
    > > "General Error". I already tried reinastalling the sound card drivers
    > > but it did'nt work.
    > > Any help ?

    I tries it several times it did'nt work.

    Oren Almog, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Oren Almog

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Oren Almog continued:

    > It seems that it does not recognize my sound card. Every time i am
    > trying to play something: be it an mp3 or video file or CD i get a
    > "General Error". I already tried reinastalling the sound card drivers
    > but it did'nt work.
    > Any help ?

    Use a program that isn't the biggest pile of shit available.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 26, 2003
  5. Oren Almog

    Oren Almog Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message news:<bifkdb$8sdpb$-berlin.de>...

    > Use a program that isn't the biggest pile of shit available.

    Believe me, the only reason i am using this program is that it is the
    only way for me to listen to bbc.

    Oren Almog, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Oren Almog

    Boomer Guest

    Oren Almog said:

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> Use a program that isn't the biggest pile of shit available.

    > Believe me, the only reason i am using this program is that it is
    > the only way for me to listen to bbc.

    JetAudio, does also, I believe.
    http://www.jetaudio.com/

    Boomer, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Oren Almog

    Oren Almog Guest

    Boomer <> wrote in message news:<3f4bf26d$0$51591$>...

    > >> Use a program that isn't the biggest pile of shit available.

    > > Believe me, the only reason i am using this program is that it is
    > > the only way for me to listen to bbc.

    > JetAudio, does also, I believe.
    > http://www.jetaudio.com/

    I installed it, but even though i changed the file types to support
    jetaudio, the browser still calls up real player when trying to play
    audio.

    Oren Almog, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Oren Almog

    Philip SC Guest

    > > > Believe me, the only reason i am using this program is that it is
    > > > the only way for me to listen to bbc.

    > > JetAudio, does also, I believe.
    > > http://www.jetaudio.com/

    > I installed it, but even though i changed the file types to support
    > jetaudio, the browser still calls up real player when trying to play
    > audio.

    Uninstall Real Audio completely from your PC.

    Philip SC, Aug 27, 2003
  9. Oren Almog

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Boomer continued:

    > Oren Almog said:
    >
    >> "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> Use a program that isn't the biggest pile of shit available.

    >> Believe me, the only reason i am using this program is that it is
    >> the only way for me to listen to bbc.

    > JetAudio, does also, I believe.
    > http://www.jetaudio.com/

    They all claim to be stand-alone programs but all need RP installed to be
    able to run.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 27, 2003
  10. Oren Almog

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as David Coleman continued:

    > I could not use Real player once I had installed Btopenworld
    > broadband with Windows ME. However, I found that I could open real
    > player by opening a program with an rnx extension. For example, in
    > my RealOne Player file there is a program called "freeoffers.rnx".
    > If I doubleclick on this it opens real player for me. You can use
    > JetAudio as your default player for real audio files. If you go to
    > "preferences - file type association" click "check all" and then
    > click "update" you can set JetAudio as your default player. To
    > listen to BBC using JetAudio click on the "LISTEN" icon on the BBC
    > radio website. BBC Radio Player will open but will no play your
    > programme. Click on the "having problems listening" link and your
    > programme should start playing in JetAudio.

    Let's face it, you shouldn't have to go through all this shit to use an
    industry-standard player with it's own appalling format. I just don't bother
    with streaming stuff anymore or if it says .rm or .ram at the end.

    "if enough people stop using it, we can all sleep safely in our beds at
    night."
    --
    slumpy
    no more