    However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
    immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
    find any information in Amazon Help.

    Sam, Jun 3, 2007

  2. Sam

    Guest

    Sam <> wrote:

    >Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
    >selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
    >"You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
    >required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
    >more information".

    >However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
    >immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
    >find any information in Amazon Help.

    Firefox doesn't use AxtiveX, I figure IE uses activeX to play the
    song.

    You shouldn't allow activex to run - but there is a ActiveX plugin for
    Firefox if you just have to.

    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/firefox-windows.html#qa-npmozax

    --

    http://www.rav.efbnet.com/humour/ohshit-cat.jpg

    , Jun 3, 2007

  3. Sam

    Guest

    , Jun 3, 2007
  4. Sam

    Sam Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:46:58 -0700, wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed,

    >Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

    The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
    something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
    accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

    Sam, Jun 3, 2007
  5. Sam

    Muse Groops Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
    > selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
    > "You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
    > required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
    > more information".
    >
    > However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
    > immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
    > find any information in Amazon Help.

    Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
    Not a resource hog

    --
    Have an open mind:

    http://www.shareintl.org

    Muse Groops, Jun 3, 2007
  6. Sam

    SgtMinor Guest

    Muse Groops wrote:

    > Sam wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
    >> selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
    >> "You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
    >> required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
    >> more information".
    >>
    >> However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
    >> immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
    >> find any information in Amazon Help.

    > Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
    > Not a resource hog

    Used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is it
    able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

    SgtMinor, Jun 3, 2007
  7. Sam

    Muse Groops Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:
    > Muse Groops wrote:
    >
    >> Sam wrote:
    >>
    >>> Whenever I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4 and I want to play a music
    >>> selection under "Music Sampler" on an Amazon page, I get the message,
    >>> "You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
    >>> required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
    >>> more information".
    >>>
    >>> However, when I try the same thing using IE 7, the selection plays
    >>> immediately. So how do I get Firefox to do the same as IE? I can't
    >>> find any information in Amazon Help.

    >> Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
    >> Not a resource hog
    >>

    > Used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is it
    > able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

    again

    www.free-codecs.com

    relplayer alternative also filehippo.com has it

    --
    Have an open mind:

    http://www.shareintl.org

    Muse Groops, Jun 4, 2007
  8. Sam

    SgtMinor Guest

    Muse Groops wrote:
    > SgtMinor wrote:
    >
    >> Muse Groops wrote:

    >>> Ditch realplayer and get realalternative at http://www.free-codecs.com
    >>> Not a resource hog
    >>>

    >> Used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is it
    >> able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

    > again
    >
    > www.free-codecs.com
    >
    > relplayer alternative also filehippo.com has it

    Again, used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples.
    Is it able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

    SgtMinor, Jun 4, 2007
  9. Sam

    Sam Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:07:16 -0400, Sam <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:46:58 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed,

    >>Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

    >The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
    >something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
    >accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

    I got a reply from Amazon saying that they don't support Real Player
    and that my trouble comes from the fact that Real Player is the
    default player that I have set for FireFox (which was news to me).

    I see many lines in about: config that reference various media
    players. Anybody have an idea about which line I should change so
    that Amazon Music Sampler will work? TIA.

    Sam, Jun 4, 2007
  10. Sam

    Guest

    Sam <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:07:16 -0400, Sam <> wrote:

    >>>Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

    >>The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
    >>something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
    >>accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

    >I got a reply from Amazon saying that they don't support Real Player
    >and that my trouble comes from the fact that Real Player is the
    >default player that I have set for FireFox (which was news to me).

    >I see many lines in about: config that reference various media
    >players. Anybody have an idea about which line I should change so
    >that Amazon Music Sampler will work? TIA.

    Got a link to the Music Sampler, or the music in question?

    --

    Quantum Physics Double Slit Experiment
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4_nl0ICao

    , Jun 4, 2007
  11. Sam

    SgtMinor Guest

    Sam wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:07:16 -0400, Sam <> wrote:

    >>>Up a little from the link posted to "How do I install RealPlayer 10"

    >>The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
    >>something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
    >>accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

    > I got a reply from Amazon saying that they don't support Real Player
    > and that my trouble comes from the fact that Real Player is the
    > default player that I have set for FireFox (which was news to me).
    >
    > I see many lines in about: config that reference various media
    > players. Anybody have an idea about which line I should change so
    > that Amazon Music Sampler will work? TIA.

    Amazon gave you the wrong info. When I click on 'Music Sampler' on a
    page where an album/CD is described I get this error message: "You do
    not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is required to
    listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for more
    information."

    I expect this because I do not have (or want) RealPlayer installed on my
    system.

    What happens when you click the 'Windows Media' sampler option?

    SgtMinor, Jun 4, 2007
  12. Sam

    SgtMinor Guest

    wrote:

    > Sam <> wrote:

    >>>The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
    >>>something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
    >>>accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

    >>I got a reply from Amazon saying that they don't support Real Player
    >>and that my trouble comes from the fact that Real Player is the
    >>default player that I have set for FireFox (which was news to me).

    >>I see many lines in about: config that reference various media
    >>players. Anybody have an idea about which line I should change so
    >>that Amazon Music Sampler will work? TIA.

    > Got a link to the Music Sampler, or the music in question?

    Here's one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Beautiful-Fre...0143109?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1180982740&sr=1-2

    or: http://qurl.net/1K7

    SgtMinor, Jun 4, 2007
  13. Sam

    Guest

    , Jun 4, 2007
  14. Sam

    Guest

    wrote:

    >Thanks, but does me no good I'm not setup for that.
    >IrfanView is my wma player, and VLC won't play the links.
    >Groovy picture :)

    FWIW IE won't even display the pop up without ActiveX, then offers to
    turn them on :))
    --

    Quantum Physics Double Slit Experiment
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4_nl0ICao

    , Jun 4, 2007
  15. Sam

    Muse Groops Guest

    SgtMinor wrote:
    > Muse Groops wrote:
    >> SgtMinor wrote:

    >>> Used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is it
    >>> able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

    >> again
    >>
    >> www.free-codecs.com
    >>
    >> relplayer alternative also filehippo.com has it
    >>

    > Again, used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples. Is
    > it able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

    In your other post you said "I expect this because I do not have (or
    want) RealPlayer installed on my system. "

    Then here you want to know what version of realplayer you need to listen
    to samples, make up your mind...

    REAL ALTERNAIVE is NOT Realplayer and YET....... YES YET... it will play
    ALL Realplayer links, it's the most up to date player for .rm files

    www.free-codecs.com

    --
    Have an open mind:

    http://www.shareintl.org

    Muse Groops, Jun 4, 2007
  16. Sam

    Sam Guest

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:53:58 -0400, SgtMinor
    <> wrote:

    >Sam wrote:

    >>>The plugins are there in the Firefox/plugins directory. There is
    >>>something wrong, I think, with the way the Amazon Music Sampler
    >>>accesses them. I have sent an email to Amazon asking about it.

    >> I got a reply from Amazon saying that they don't support Real Player
    >> and that my trouble comes from the fact that Real Player is the
    >> default player that I have set for FireFox (which was news to me).
    >>
    >> I see many lines in about: config that reference various media
    >> players. Anybody have an idea about which line I should change so
    >> that Amazon Music Sampler will work? TIA.

    >Amazon gave you the wrong info. When I click on 'Music Sampler' on a
    >page where an album/CD is described I get this error message: "You do
    >not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is required to
    >listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for more
    >information."
    >
    >I expect this because I do not have (or want) RealPlayer installed on my
    >system.
    >
    >What happens when you click the 'Windows Media' sampler option?

    It works fine. I do have RealPlayer and all its plugins in the
    FireFox plugin directory but I still get the same message as you do.
    Now does anybody with Firefox 2, have the Music Sampler working?

    Sam, Jun 5, 2007
  17. Sam

    Guest

    Sam <> wrote:

    >>I expect this because I do not have (or want) RealPlayer installed on my
    >>system.
    >>
    >>What happens when you click the 'Windows Media' sampler option?

    >It works fine. I do have RealPlayer and all its plugins in the
    >FireFox plugin directory but I still get the same message as you do.
    >Now does anybody with Firefox 2, have the Music Sampler working?

    Real Alternative installed:

    FireFox:
    "You do not seem to have the RealPlayer plug-in installed, which is
    required to listen to these album samples. See our Help Department for
    more information."

    Opera only has the WindowMediaPlayer option.
    --

    Quantum Physics Double Slit Experiment
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4_nl0ICao

    , Jun 5, 2007
  18. Sam

    SgtMinor Guest

    Muse Groops wrote:
    > SgtMinor wrote:
    >
    >> Muse Groops wrote:

    >>> again
    >>>
    >>> www.free-codecs.com
    >>>
    >>> relplayer alternative also filehippo.com has it
    >>>

    >> Again, used to be that RealPlayer would not run Amazon music samples.
    >> Is it able to do that now, and if so, what version number do we need?

    > In your other post you said "I expect this because I do not have (or
    > want) RealPlayer installed on my system. "
    >
    > Then here you want to know what version of realplayer you need to listen
    > to samples, make up your mind...

    I made up my mind a long time ago when I ditched RealPlayer and
    installed RealAlternative. But, using the Firefox browser, my
    up-to-date version of RealAlternative will not play those samples. If I
    visit amazon.com with Mozilla the RealPlayer samples don't even show up.

    Perhaps I need to tweak something. I'm assuming of course that you are
    able to play those files with RealAlt?

    SgtMinor, Jun 5, 2007