    or any real player alternative work in x64?

    I have Quicktime 7 beta and WMP 10 working of course...

    thanks.

    wewa, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Have you contacted Real about this to find out if its supported or not on
    x64 or if it will be anytime soon?
    http://real.lithium.com/
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 13, 2005

  3. wewa

    NNBXX Guest

    Off topic : why don't you use WMP ? Real is soooo... boring !

    NNBXX, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Does Real still clutter your desktop with useless links? I haven't used it
    in a long while. WMP 10 is so nice I use it every single time I'm on my PC.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 13, 2005
  5. I use RealPlayerAlternative on my 32bit installation. I haven't tried it yet
    on x64.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jun 14, 2005
  6. wewa

    James Park Guest

    Real Alternative is fine on my x64.

    James Park, Jun 14, 2005
  7. "NNBXX" <> wrote in message
    > Off topic : why don't you use WMP ? Real is soooo... boring !

    Not off topic. Some sites like www.movieflix.com insist on using Real
    player. If you pay for it, you then get a choice of using Windows Media
    Player.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 14, 2005
  8. wewa

    wewa Guest

    helllloooo people,

    yes, i know how nasty real, is, installing all kinds of crap, and hiding
    their free download link in small print on the bottom right of their site,
    but some sites, are stoopid, and only do real...so get real!

    i prefer wmp also, as even QT is all f**** as apple is adopting the 'real'
    mentality and is full of s***.

    if real alternative works on x64, i will try that.

    wewa, Jun 14, 2005
  9. wewa

    wewa Guest

    Hey,

    Real Alternative 1.40 indeed seems to work on x64 1433. Got video, got
    sound. at least on primary display.

    One bug it seems, is that I'm running a nvidia 6600 dual display, and it
    only works on the primary display.
    If i drag the real window over to the secondary display, its goes black and
    video time still going.
    stopping and starting video does not resolve it. so looks like i have to
    play videos on the primary display only.

    Update:
    I did manage to find a freeware 'hack' called RealMedia Splitter 1.0.1.0:
    http://tinyurl.com/b33d6
    RealMedia Splitter allows you to play RealNetworks audio/video files using
    Windows Media Player.
    You will need to install Real Alternative [recommended] first.

    Installation instructions: http://tinyurl.com/d7aas
    1. Unarchive the package and use the files from Release Unicode if you're
    running Windows 2000/XP.

    2. Copy RealMediaSplitter.AX file in system32 folder [ C:\WINDOWS\system32 ]

    3. Then launch command prompt [ START > Run > Type: cmd ]
    3a. Changed Directory to c:\windows\system32

    .. To install the files, type: regsvr32 RealMediaSplitter.ax
    .. To uninstall the files, use: regsvr32 -u RealMediaSplitter.ax

    4. In the end, you should receive a message saying that your file was
    succesfully installed/uninstalled.

    When I play a .rm video file in WMP10, it plays in both my primary and
    secondary displays, it blanks out for a second when i drag the WMP window
    back and forth, but it works, unlike Real Alternative 1.40.

    This should also satisfy the 'anti' RealPlayer folks posted above (although
    they would still need to install Real Alternative first).

    wewa, Jun 14, 2005
  10. Lets hope Hollywood choose WMP.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005
  11. wewa

    John Barnes Guest

    And you don't have an extended keyboard for volume and mute? Would be nice
    if Microsoft got on the ball and rewrote for x64 support. Mouse too.

    John Barnes, Jun 14, 2005
  12. Real Player 10.5 installs just fine on X64 (at least on my computer, that
    is). http://www.real.com/ (Select the Free Download Option).

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gUGFuemtl?=, Jun 15, 2005
  13. wewa

    wewa Guest

    Nope. I tried it, and it complains that it cannot be installed on this
    system.
    RealPlayer10-5GOLD.exe

    wewa, Jun 15, 2005
  14. I find that the download-setup works where the saved setup will not.
    This has worked for me since the RCs.

    Wm D. Christensen, Jun 15, 2005
  15. Like Wm D. says, its possible that because you are running setup from the
    location it is giving problems, try saving it to your hard disk then run
    setup, also ensurey ou are logged on to the machine as an Administrator.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 15, 2005
  16. wewa

    John Barnes Guest

    Think Wm said the opposite.

    John Barnes, Jun 15, 2005