    64bit processors hardware?

    And this is enough reason to stop with 64 bit version of Win XP Pro. I hope
    that a new version of Win Vista for 64 bits will support all 64 bit hardware.

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVyaWk=?=, Aug 20, 2005

  2. From Kevin Panzke:
    Real Player 10.5 installs just fine on X64 (at least on my computer, that
    is). http://www.real.com/ (Select the Free Download Option).

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 20, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SnVyaWk=?=

    Colin Nowell Guest

    I'm interested you managed to get it to install and run? (it doesn't run on
    my OEM copy of WinXP Pro x64 since there is a 16 bit component (I found it
    and pointed it out to them) lurking in its depths and they admitted as
    much... (I've been a full blown subscriber to Real since about v1.0 and was
    disappointed when I found 10.5 wouldn't run...)

    Colin

    Here is the reply I got from Real Networks about it...

    --------------------->8------------------------------------

    Dear Colin,

    Thank you for contacting Real Networks Technical Support.

    I understand from your e-mail, that you would like know whether we are in
    the process of developing a Real Player version that will run in windows
    64bit operating system. We are working in the process of developing a Real
    Player which will run in windows 64bit and soon we would introduce the Real
    Player which will be perfectly compatible with windows64bit. We also thank
    you very much for the valuable information that to make Real Player a true
    32bit application, so that it will run fine with windows 64bit. We will
    forward your ideas to our research department and soon we will design Real
    Player which will be compatible with windows xp 64bit.

    Thank you for your patience.

    --------------------->8------------------------------------

    Colin Nowell, Aug 20, 2005
  4. I just listened to the Browns vs Lions NFL exhibition game on RealPlayer
    10.5 on Vista x64 with no glitches at all. Last night I watched a baseball
    game on mlb.com on the same player.

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 20, 2005
  5. "Colin Nowell" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting....
    >
    > a) This machine isn't Vista x64, it's the full release OEM of "Windows XP
    > Professional x64 Edition"
    > b) I have no idea whether there are any differences between my OS and
    > yours.
    > c) I know it's not usually etiquette to post graphics in a newsgroup but I
    > hope in this instance, everyone will excuse an exception.
    >
    > This is what the 10.5 installer says to me after it's thought about it for
    > a bit....

    The only version I am aware of, that does not install on Windows x64 and
    displays the message you posted is 6.0.12.1069 (and maybe 6.0.12.1212).
    The version currently available for download from real.com (6.0.12.1235)
    installs in Windows x64 without problems as previous versions did (eg.
    6.0.12.1056).

    Bernhard Dietrich, Aug 21, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SnVyaWk=?=

    Colin Nowell Guest

    "Bernhard Dietrich" <> wrote in message
    > "Colin Nowell" <> wrote in message
    >> Interesting....
    >>
    >> This is what the 10.5 installer says to me after it's thought about it
    >> for a bit....

    > The only version I am aware of, that does not install on Windows x64 and
    > displays the message you posted is 6.0.12.1069 (and maybe 6.0.12.1212).
    > The version currently available for download from real.com (6.0.12.1235)
    > installs in Windows x64 without problems as previous versions did (eg.
    > 6.0.12.1056).

    I'm afraid you are missing a point here.... The version downloaded (and
    failed install) IS v6.0.12.1235!

    Tried from real.com or real.co.uk, no difference....

    ,,,and EVEN Real Networks themselves have already acknowledged to me that it
    will fail!

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Aug 21, 2005
  7. "Colin Nowell" <> wrote in message
    > "Bernhard Dietrich" <> wrote in message
    >> "Colin Nowell" <> wrote in message
    >>> Interesting....
    >>>
    >>> This is what the 10.5 installer says to me after it's thought about it
    >>> for a bit....

    >> The only version I am aware of, that does not install on Windows x64 and
    >> displays the message you posted is 6.0.12.1069 (and maybe 6.0.12.1212).
    >> The version currently available for download from real.com (6.0.12.1235)
    >> installs in Windows x64 without problems as previous versions did (eg.
    >> 6.0.12.1056).

    > I'm afraid you are missing a point here.... The version downloaded (and
    > failed install) IS v6.0.12.1235!

    I just downloaded
    http://193.159.249.4/2165082cc43d14622602/windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe
    again and it installs fine under XP x64.

    File version: 6.0.12.1235
    Size: 11,2 MB (11.814.432 bytes)
    File date on server: 08/18/05, 21:47:16

    Bernhard Dietrich, Aug 21, 2005
  8. I'm just saying not only am I able to use it on XP Pro x64 but that it works
    on Vista x64 on the same box as well. In other words, it doesn't seem to
    have trouble (unless the soundcard driver is somehow wrong).

    Colin Barnhorst MVP, Aug 21, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SnVyaWk=?=

    >> I'm afraid you are missing a point here.... The version downloaded (and
    >> failed install) IS v6.0.12.1235!

    > I just downloaded
    > http://193.159.249.4/2165082cc43d14622602/windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe
    > again and it installs fine under XP x64.
    >
    > File version: 6.0.12.1235
    > Size: 11,2 MB (11.814.432 bytes)
    > File date on server: 08/18/05, 21:47:16

    Thank you VERY much for the link! I downloaded it and it installs and now
    works!

    I have no idea why they are different but the file WE get to download from
    here in the UK (we don't get a choice) is:

    RealPlayer10-5GOLD.exe
    File version: 6.0.12.1235
    11.0 MB (11,589,152 bytes)

    Whereas yours is:

    RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe
    File version: 6.0.12.1235
    11.2 MB (11,814,432 bytes)

    I wonder a) what the "bb" stands for and b) there is obviously a difference
    but what??

    Cheers for solving a problem Bernhard! :)

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Aug 22, 2005
  10. I have just got real player to work on xp x64.

    simply rename or copy

    RealPlayer10-5GOLD.exe to RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe

    It worked for me. The reason why I did not get it to
    work is because i forgot to add the _bb at the end of RealPlayer10-5GOLD
    before the .exe file

    I can't promise if it will work for everybody but try it and see

    William Walker

    William Walker, Aug 22, 2005
  11. Jurii:
    You can also try the excellent freeware "Realtime alternative".
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm
    It's free, lightweight, and includes the even better "Media Player Classic".
    They are 32-bit and work great on the x64 environment.
    If you are ready for one step ahead, download also the "Quicktime alternative"
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
    Both of them will work with Media Player Classic
    Regards.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 22, 2005