Real Player connection problems?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Murgi, May 18, 2004.

  1. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    I wonder what to do with this RealPlayer message:

    For the last 30 days I have been trying to watch a couple of video clips.
    The message says:

    "Real Player needs to download new software to play this clip."

    [OK] [Cancel]

    When clicking [OK] I get the following window:

    Software update required.

    Real Player needs additional components. Please wait while a software update
    is located.

    But then it says:

    Unable to connect. Please ensure you are connected to the Internet or try
    again later.

    I am connected and don't notice any problems with email and WWW.

    What's the solution? Getting rid of my present RealPlayer and install a new
    one?

    Thanks,

    Murgi

    Murgi, May 18, 2004

  2. Murgi

    Juan Pérez Guest

    They want you to buy the new Real One after giving you about 2 weeks of
    free evaluation time.

    Juan Pérez, May 18, 2004

  3. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    "Juan Pérez" <> wrote in message
    > They want you to buy the new Real One after giving you about 2 weeks of
    > free evaluation time.

    Can't be since this is a purchased version. In the case of a free version,
    the program would probably bring you to the site where you can order...

    Murgi

    Murgi, May 18, 2004
  4. Murgi

    PC Guest

    > I wonder what to do with this RealPlayer message:
    >
    > For the last 30 days I have been trying to watch a couple of video clips.
    > The message says:
    >
    > "Real Player needs to download new software to play this clip."
    >
    > [OK] [Cancel]
    >

    > When clicking [OK] I get the following window:
    >
    > Software update required.
    >
    > Real Player needs additional components. Please wait while a software

    update
    > is located.
    >
    > But then it says:
    >
    > Unable to connect. Please ensure you are connected to the Internet or try
    > again later.
    >
    > I am connected and don't notice any problems with email and WWW.
    >
    > What's the solution? Getting rid of my present RealPlayer and install a

    new
    > one?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Murgi

    You haven't got Real Player or some of it's components blocked by your
    Firewall by any chance?

    PC

    PC, May 18, 2004
  5. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    > You haven't got Real Player or some of it's components blocked by your
    > Firewall by any chance?

    This one is possible.
    I'll check it now... Thanks!

    Murgi, May 18, 2004