    access a lot of international TV or Radio stations, it calls for real
    player.

    Thanks to all those who replied to my original message Ray Donzdorf

    Ray Donzdorf, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Ray Donzdorf wrote:

    > Thanks to all those who replied.

    To what? Oh. You started a new thread; you should have continued in the
    existing one.

    > I have this new computer (Gateway) with Vista Home Premium for 3 days
    > now. This is even worse than I thought. I am beginning to regret that
    > I bought this unit.

    My condolences. Perhaps a bit of research would have been in order
    before rushing off to the store to downgrade your life.

    > It hangs every couple of hours and I have to power off to get it going
    > again. I can't play any movie or multimedia file. It is slower than
    > XP, even with 2 giga bytes of RAM. Did I get a bad unit?

    Bad unit? No, but I bet it will scream if you wipe and install Windows
    2000 or even XP (or even a version of GNU/Linux).

    > Is anyone having a similar problem?

    People who buy Vista computers?

    > I only bought this because it has a TV tuner and I can record TV
    > programs to my dard disk. Thank GOD I still have my old XP, ME2000,
    > Windows 98 and Windows 95 Systems to run some programs. grin.

    Does that mean you have other computers running those OSs, or just that
    you have install disks?

    > As far as REAL PLAYER goes, I am using a program called PCTV4ME and
    > to access a lot of international TV or Radio stations, it calls for
    > real player.

    Use the Real Alternative already mentioned. Friends don't let friends
    install RealPlayer.

    > Thanks to all those who replied to my original message Ray Donzdorf

    Please don't start new threads for/about the same subject. Thanks for
    your consideration.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 19, 2007

  3. **** realplayer - get the Real Aternative. Also, use Winamp.
    www.winamp.com

    Ray Donzdorf wrote:
    > Thanks to all those who replied.
    >
    > I have this new computer (Gateway) with Vista Home Premium for 3 days now.
    > This is even worse than I thought. I am beginning to regret that I
    > bought this unit.
    > It hangs every couple of hours and I have to power off to get it going
    > again. I can't play any movie or multimedia file. It is slower than XP,
    > even with 2 giga bytes of RAM. Did I get a bad unit? Is anyone having a
    > similar problem? I only bought this because it has a TV tuner and I can
    > record TV programs to my dard disk. Thank GOD I still have my old XP,
    > ME2000, Windows 98 and Windows 95 Systems to run some programs. grin.
    >
    > As far as REAL PLAYER goes, I am using a program called PCTV4ME and to
    > access a lot of international TV or Radio stations, it calls for real
    > player.
    >
    > Thanks to all those who replied to my original message Ray Donzdorf

    --
    Thanks,
    Bryan K

    To reply, remove .com
    ** PROUD USER OF THUNDERBIRD **

    Your Best Friend, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Ray Donzdorf

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Ray Donzdorf" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks to all those who replied.
    >
    > I have this new computer (Gateway) with Vista Home Premium for 3 days now.
    > This is even worse than I thought. I am beginning to regret that I bought
    > this unit.

    You install some more trash on Vista that's not Vista compliant software?

    > It hangs every couple of hours and I have to power off to get it going
    > again. I can't play any movie or multimedia file. It is slower than XP,
    > even with 2 giga bytes of RAM. Did I get a bad unit? Is anyone having a
    > similar problem? I only bought this because it has a TV tuner and I can
    > record TV programs to my dard disk. Thank GOD I still have my old XP,
    > ME2000, Windows 98 and Windows 95 Systems to run some programs. grin.

    You can also use Virtual PC to do the same thing for that old legacy
    software.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

    It's most likely you who is sitting behind the keyboard and mouse that is
    having problems by installing non Vista compliant software on the machine
    that may be affecting the O/S and other programs as well.

    I am running Vista on this HP dv9000 Entertainment laptop looking at TV,
    recording TV, DVD(s) and the whole 9 yards and I am having no problems,
    none, running as smooth as a baby's bottom and lighting fast too. But again,
    I am not running around trying to install non Vista compliant software on
    the machine either.

    > As far as REAL PLAYER goes, I am using a program called PCTV4ME and to
    > access a lot of international TV or Radio stations, it calls for real
    > player.
    > Thanks to all those who replied to my original message Ray Donzdorf

    Instead of posting up in the NG b*tch and whining, you should stop
    installing non Vista compliant software, stop posting to 24hrs seeking help,
    which you are NOT going to get in this NG, and post to the Vista NG(s) so
    they can help you.

    Show a little class, if you got any in you.

    Mr. Arnold, Jul 19, 2007