    I need to uninstall Real Player? Is it normally this buggy? I have AdAware which I
    run frequently (at least every day). Any suggestions would be appreciated. I find
    this to be the most knowledgeable group.

    CdLSRN, May 9, 2005

  2. CdLSRN

    Guest

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 08:47:40 -0400, "CdLSRN" <>
    wrote:

    |>I have a Dell desktop XPST450, Windows 98se. I installed Real Player and Rhapsody.
    |>Everything was ok for a couple of days then everything started crashing. I removed
    |>Rhapsody. A little better. I repaired IE6 with the 'ADD/Remove" repair. My System
    |>Resources Start at about 86% and as I use my computer for a little while (1/2 hr) it
    |>drops drops drops. 77% - 65% etc. And this is without even opening Real Player. (my
    |>memory is 384mb). My IE is very slow and unpredictable and I can not seem to shut
    |>down my computer normally. Any Ideas as to what changes these programs have made? Do
    |>I need to uninstall Real Player? Is it normally this buggy? I have AdAware which I
    |>run frequently (at least every day). Any suggestions would be appreciated. I find
    |>this to be the most knowledgeable group.

    You might try:
    Run (WinKey+R) DRWATSON.EXE <enter>

    You will have a new icon in your system tray (menu bar), double click
    on it and see what it's got to report.

    --

    , May 9, 2005

  3. CdLSRN

    CdLSRN Guest

    O.K. I put Dr. Watson on my task bar on the bottom. As I understand it...when the
    computer crashes I run Dr. Watson. But if the computer crashes I won't be able to run
    anything...so I guess I don't understand how to use it. Please remind me. Thanks.
    Ginny

    CdLSRN, May 9, 2005
  4. CdLSRN

    Guest

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 12:13:48 -0400, "CdLSRN" <>
    wrote:

    |>O.K. I put Dr. Watson on my task bar on the bottom. As I understand it...when the
    |>computer crashes I run Dr. Watson. But if the computer crashes I won't be able to run
    |>anything...so I guess I don't understand how to use it. Please remind me. Thanks.

    Double click on it to do a system scan, to see if anything obvious is
    present.

    Just keep drwatson running; when you crash the next time, read the log
    and see if you can make out what caused the problem and work from
    there.

    To read the log, restart drwatson, right click on the icon and "select
    open log file"

    More info: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275481

    --

    , May 9, 2005