    total recorder to use the lame codec mp3 dll. i never had these issues
    before, but was probably using an older real version.

    any ideas what's going on?
    msi, Apr 22, 2004

  2. msi

    colin Guest

    msi <> wrote in message
    news:20040422103017.994$...
    > i am trying to use total recorder 4.3 and real player free 10 to record

    some
    > real audio streaming media from www.intouch.org or here's the exact url.
    > http://www.intouch.org/myintouch/broadcasts/index_76108.html
    > I'm running windows xp pro sp1 all updates. i open total recorder. click

    on
    > record inside total recorder to record the stream. click on a video or

    audio
    > link from the web site, it opens real player 10 free version. real says
    > connecting and is frozen. this is every time. if i do not use total

    recorder
    > and record, then real will open and play the file ok. i selected inside
    > total recorder to use the lame codec mp3 dll. i never had these issues
    > before, but was probably using an older real version.
    >
    > any ideas what's going on?

    Could this be the problem?

    http://www.highcriteria.com/faq_tr.htm

    RealPlayer 10

    Total Recorder is not able to record from RealPlayer 10 in accelerated mode
    if RealPlayer 10 is configured to use Direct Sound. To turn off this option
    in RealPlayer 10 you should do the following:

    Open menu Tools - Preferences, Hardware, click "Settings" below "Sound Card
    Compatibility", check "Disable Direct Sound".
    colin, Apr 22, 2004

  3. msi

    msi Guest

    "colin" <> wrote in message

    > msi <> wrote in message
    > > i am trying to use total recorder 4.3 and real player free 10 to record

    > some
    > > real audio streaming media from www.intouch.org or here's the exact url.
    > > http://www.intouch.org/myintouch/broadcasts/index_76108.html
    > > I'm running windows xp pro sp1 all updates. i open total recorder. click

    > on
    > > record inside total recorder to record the stream. click on a video or

    > audio
    > > link from the web site, it opens real player 10 free version. real says
    > > connecting and is frozen. this is every time. if i do not use total

    > recorder
    > > and record, then real will open and play the file ok. i selected inside
    > > total recorder to use the lame codec mp3 dll. i never had these issues
    > > before, but was probably using an older real version.
    > >
    > > any ideas what's going on?
    > >

    > Could this be the problem?
    >
    > http://www.highcriteria.com/faq_tr.htm
    >
    > RealPlayer 10
    >
    > Total Recorder is not able to record from RealPlayer 10 in accelerated

    mode
    > if RealPlayer 10 is configured to use Direct Sound. To turn off this

    option
    > in RealPlayer 10 you should do the following:
    >
    > Open menu Tools - Preferences, Hardware, click "Settings" below "Sound

    Card
    > Compatibility", check "Disable Direct Sound".

    this might work, i will re try this. have to reinstall everything cus i
    uninstalled thinking maybe reinstall might work. thanks a lot.
    msi, Apr 22, 2004