Real Microsoft Mail?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Daniel Herrmann, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. Hallo,

    i just got this Mail after ordering x64 some weeks ago.

    Thx,

    Daniel

    Dear Microsoft Customer:

    Thank you for your recent order for the Technology Advancement Software Kit.

    We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14, 2005.

    Multilingual User Interface (MUI) add-on packs for Windows XP Professional
    x64 Edition are now available for download for Technology Advancement
    Software customers. If you were using a language other than English for
    your previous Windows XP Professional (32-bit) installation, you may
    download the appropriate ISO image from the list below and install your
    language of choice.

    Note: ISO files must be burned to a CD or DVD before they can be installed
    on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

    Should you have specific questions about Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    please visit: www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit

    Thank you,

    Microsoft Technology Advancement Team

    **********************************
    Do not reply to this e-mail. This message was sent to you using an automated
    system. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies. If you need help,
    please contact us through one of the methods described below.

    Daniel Herrmann, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Is the mail real? Yes. Is it from MS? No, it's from the firm that MS
    entrusted with the Technology Advancement Program. But several of us have
    gotten it, so it looks like they are actually supposed to start shipping
    today. Finally.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Its that bad, to the point you don't even believe it anymore.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 14, 2005
  4. Hello,

    > Its that bad, to the point you don't even believe it anymore.
    > --
    > Andre

    Because of all the MS Updates that were im my Mail Account im becoming
    cautious.

    Daniel

    Daniel Herrmann, Jul 14, 2005
  5. Daniel Herrmann

    Bill Guest

    Well, I guess I need to believe it, my credit card was charged for two.
    Guess one PID I thought failed went through anyway. Already have the beta
    trophy, so that makes 2 OEM licenses and 1 what appears to be a full
    allowing upgrades. Now the youngest son will get his x64 box upgraded also.
    Now if I can just get some PIXMA MP130 x64 drivers, we will be set with
    everything.

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 14, 2005