    connection running at 20,000 times faster according to Campbel.
    Perhaps they've gone wireless?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Aug 16, 2007

  2. E. Scrooge

    frederick Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > Some school using coat hangers can download a movie in a minute with their
    > connection running at 20,000 times faster according to Campbel.
    > Perhaps they've gone wireless?
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    http://www.nzine.co.nz/features/nelsonloop.html
    Fibre optic.
    Up to 10 Gbit/second.
    You could use up your monthly quota in the blink of an eye.
    frederick, Aug 16, 2007

  3. E. Scrooge

    Kent Smith Guest

    frederick wrote:
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> Some school using coat hangers can download a movie in a minute with
    >> their connection running at 20,000 times faster according to Campbel.
    >> Perhaps they've gone wireless?
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > http://www.nzine.co.nz/features/nelsonloop.html
    > Fibre optic.
    > Up to 10 Gbit/second.
    > You could use up your monthly quota in the blink of an eye.

    Download a movie from where? Another machine on the fibre network? 10Gb
    fibre has be around a while, the speed is nothing new. Now if they had
    10Gb/s to the Internet... :)

    -KENT
    Kent Smith, Aug 16, 2007
  4. E. Scrooge

    frederick Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:
    > frederick wrote:
    >> E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>> Some school using coat hangers can download a movie in a minute with
    >>> their connection running at 20,000 times faster according to Campbel.
    >>> Perhaps they've gone wireless?
    >>>
    >>> E. Scrooge
    >>>

    >> http://www.nzine.co.nz/features/nelsonloop.html
    >> Fibre optic.
    >> Up to 10 Gbit/second.
    >> You could use up your monthly quota in the blink of an eye.

    > Download a movie from where? Another machine on the fibre network? 10Gb
    > fibre has be around a while, the speed is nothing new. Now if they had
    > 10Gb/s to the Internet... :)

    What speed do they have?
    I heard/read that they have a fiber optic pipe (through telstra clear -
    wellington).
    frederick, Aug 17, 2007
  5. E. Scrooge

    Bruce Knox Guest

    On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:41:43 +1200, "Kent Smith"
    <> wrote:

    >frederick wrote:
    >> E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>> Some school using coat hangers can download a movie in a minute with
    >>> their connection running at 20,000 times faster according to Campbel.
    >>> Perhaps they've gone wireless?
    >>>
    >>> E. Scrooge
    >>>

    >> http://www.nzine.co.nz/features/nelsonloop.html
    >> Fibre optic.
    >> Up to 10 Gbit/second.
    >> You could use up your monthly quota in the blink of an eye.

    >Download a movie from where? Another machine on the fibre network? 10Gb
    >fibre has be around a while, the speed is nothing new. Now if they had
    >10Gb/s to the Internet... :)
    >

    >-KENT

    Maybe they are on the KAREN network. You only get the speed to another
    KAREN site though.

    Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
    http://physio.otago.ac.nz
    Bruce Knox, Aug 17, 2007
  6. E. Scrooge

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:19:24 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >Some school using coat hangers can download a movie in a minute with their
    >connection running at 20,000 times faster according to Campbel.
    >Perhaps they've gone wireless?
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    "The Loop" it was called - Video is up on the TV3 website
    Nho Whei, Aug 17, 2007