    http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=750711297364726891
    http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    EMB Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me once
    > you see the questions.

    Not sure I can go out in public any more after seeing my result!

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ

    Mike Dee Guest

    Collector»NZ <> wrote in

    > I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me
    > once you see the questions.

    My score:

    You scored higher than 94% on geekness

    The test is too obvious, too easy to cheat at: I know, I cheated.

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 16, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    Rider Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me once you
    >see the questions.
    >
    > http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=750711297364726891
    > http://tinyurl.com/4pjet
    >
    > --

    "In a nutshell, you answered enough questions with geek tendencies and
    enough questions without geek tendencies that it's difficult to pinpoint
    your exact alignment."

    I'm an enigma

    :)

    Rider, Mar 16, 2005
  5. Mike Dee said the following on 16/03/2005 5:11 p.m.:
    > Collector»NZ <> wrote in
    >

    >>I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me
    >>once you see the questions.

    > My score:
    >
    > You scored higher than 94% on geekness
    >
    > The test is too obvious, too easy to cheat at: I know, I cheated.

    If thats your story you had better stick to it :cool:

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Mar 16, 2005
  6. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:24:36 GMT, Collector»NZ
    <> proffered, in :

    > I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me
    > once you see the questions.
    >
    > http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=750711297364726891
    > http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

    An intelligently constructed test:
    –––––––––––––––-

    You answered 67% of the questions as a geek truly would.
    You don't seem to sway in either direction, however you still seem to
    have some latent geek attributes within you. Maybe you're interested in
    computers but not a gamer?
    –––––––––––––––-

    That’s very perceptive, since I never have been a gamer (having only
    one useful hand, and lousy hand-eye co-ordination saw to that). Nicely
    put together, good analysis.

    --
    noho ora mai, ka kite ano
    http://maxqnzs.com/References.html

    Max Quordlepleen, Mar 16, 2005
  7. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:59:52 +1300, Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    > An intelligently constructed test:
    >
    > You answered 67% of the questions as a geek truly would. You don't seem to
    > sway in either direction, however you still seem to have some latent geek
    > attributes within you. Maybe you're interested in computers but not a
    > gamer?
    >
    > That's very perceptive, since I never have been a gamer (having only one
    > useful hand, and lousy hand-eye co-ordination saw to that). Nicely put
    > together, good analysis.

    I got 62% and it called me a wannabe poser geek, where in reality it's
    probably more like me trying to repress my geekiness :)

    I probably lost lots of points by not being a gamer too. Wouldn't real
    geeks be too busy programming and not have time for games? except maybe
    Nethack - that's geeky!

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Mar 16, 2005
  8. Collector»NZ

    Mike Dee Guest

    Collector»NZ <> wrote in

    >> You scored higher than 94% on geekness
    >>
    >> The test is too obvious, too easy to cheat at: I know, I cheated.
    >>

    > If thats your story you had better stick to it :cool:

    What impressed me was it's picking up on my telling porky's about my
    age and gender.

    Maybe I would've scored higher. Eek, I'm a geek :)

    --
    dee

    Mike Dee, Mar 16, 2005
  9. Rider wrote:
    >>http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=750711297364726891
    >>http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

    > "In a nutshell, you answered enough questions with geek tendencies and
    > enough questions without geek tendencies that it's difficult to pinpoint
    > your exact alignment."

    > I'm an enigma
    > :)

    heh, Im not.
    The Deviant Geek
    You answered 77% of the questions as a geek truly would.

    So what's it all mean? You may be considered by some to be uncool, but
    you probably don't care either. In social situations you may be either
    slightly passive or slightly loud (geeks always fall into the extremes).
    In a nutshell, you answered enough questions correctly supporting a geek
    philosophy to be considered a more potent geek than 60% of the population.

    Im the loud sort... now who wouldn't have guessed that?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 16, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ

    Rider Guest

    > Rider wrote:
    >>>http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=750711297364726891
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

    >> "In a nutshell, you answered enough questions with geek tendencies and
    >> enough questions without geek tendencies that it's difficult to pinpoint
    >> your exact alignment."

    >> I'm an enigma
    >> :)

    > heh, Im not.
    > The Deviant Geek
    > You answered 77% of the questions as a geek truly would.

    The gap between being 'difficult to pinpoint' and a 'deviant geek' (I was
    just going to put deviant LoL)
    is quite small. Only 7% .... I should watch myself, lest I get drawn to the
    dark side.

    :)

    Rider, Mar 16, 2005
  11. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Mar 18, 2005
  12. Collector»NZ

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:

    > Question 23 I think is showing its age--no mention of PCI-E.

    I know someone would mention that - have 2 extra geek points Larry. :cool:

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Mar 18, 2005
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 18, 2005
  14. Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 19/03/2005 10:02 a.m.:
    > Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >>> http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=750711297364726891
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

    >> Question 23 I think is showing its age--no mention of PCI-E.

    > heh, I thought that, but I thought mentioning it might make me look more
    > geeky.

    Impossible (and I dont mean to associate you with the nym of that poster)

    Collector»NZ, Mar 18, 2005
  15. Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Mar 19, 2005