Real DHCP issue

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by themoney1492, Jan 28, 2010.

1. themoney1492

themoney1492

Ok, let me start by saying this. I am not new to network troubleshooting. I have been doing networking and pc repairs for years. I have been on forum after forum reading other peoples posts, and nothing has worked. I have tried reseting the TCP/IP and WINSOCK settings in windows, I have reloaded NIC drivers, I have gone as far as re-installing the os a few times. I have tried Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, none of these work. To me it almost sounds like a hardware issue, but here is the kicker. If I Hardcode the ip settings instead of obtain automatically, the computer works fine on the internet. I have configured many a DHCP server in my day, and I have tried this one on 3 different networks, all with working DHCP servers, and the clients on those networks work fine. So, barring any normal small issues, I can't think of anything else to do to this poor laptop.

Right now:

Windows 7
    HP DV6970us, or better known as a dv6000
    and trust me, if you put something simple on here, I have probably tried it.

I am not trying to sound like a @#!$ but I know the common things people post for replies and that stuff has been tried, trust me. This one is really kicking my butt, I am just curious if anyone else has ever had this issue and if they got it fixed. Or if there are any over the top solutions.

Thanks in advance

themoney1492, Jan 28, 2010
    1. Advertising