    The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
    that his mother is getting him for Christmas.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 10, 2006

  2. E. Scrooge

    Blue Guest

    On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox game
    > Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new XBox
    > 360.
    >
    > Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
    > not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
    >
    > Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox 360
    > only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
    >
    > Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
    > not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
    >
    > The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
    > that his mother is getting him for Christmas.

    What can one say... Merry Christmas Scrooge. Have some Karma.
    Blue, Dec 10, 2006

  3. E. Scrooge

    bambam Guest

    Blue <> wrote in

    >> The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new
    >> Xbox 360 that his mother is getting him for Christmas.

    > What can one say... Merry Christmas Scrooge. Have some Karma.

    I hope I'm not the only one that found this funny? :)

    --
    After you've heard two eyewitness accounts of an auto accident
    it makes you wonder about history.
    bambam, Dec 10, 2006
  4. On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox game
    >Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new XBox
    >360.
    >
    >Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
    >not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
    >
    >Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox 360
    >only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
    >
    >Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
    >not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
    >
    >The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
    >that his mother is getting him for Christmas.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
    to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.

    I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
    not for the moment - a patch may come out.
    Jason Clinton, Dec 10, 2006
  5. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jason Clinton" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > (*sling)> wrote:
    >
    >>A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox
    >>game
    >>Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new
    >>XBox
    >>360.
    >>
    >>Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
    >>not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
    >>
    >>Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox
    >>360
    >>only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
    >>
    >>Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
    >>not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
    >>
    >>The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
    >>that his mother is getting him for Christmas.
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge

    > Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
    > to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.
    >
    > I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
    > not for the moment - a patch may come out.

    Thanks, Jason.
    At the moment it's pretty misleading for the buyer when new XBox games don't
    state that on them that they won't play on the XBox 360 as well.
    Especially when it seems that some older XBox games will play on the XBox
    360 quite well.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 11, 2006
  6. E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
    > "Jason Clinton" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:43:39 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    > > (*sling)> wrote:
    > >
    > >>A problem came up in a Microsoft group with someone asking if the XBox
    > >>game
    > >>Thrillville (turns out it's only just been released) will play on a new
    > >>XBox
    > >>360.
    > >>
    > >>Plenty of info about the game on Lucas Arts and Game Review websites, but
    > >>not one of the pricks bother to say if it will play on a XBox 360 or not.
    > >>
    > >>Tracked down a damn forum where someone had bought the game for his XBox
    > >>360
    > >>only to find out the hard way that it's not compatible.
    > >>
    > >>Could well be that 360 version of the game will be released later on, but
    > >>not telling people that some new games are XBox only is pretty damn poor.
    > >>
    > >>The game was going to be a boy's Christmas gift to use on the new Xbox 360
    > >>that his mother is getting him for Christmas.
    > >>
    > >>E. Scrooge

    > > Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
    > > to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.
    > >
    > > I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
    > > not for the moment - a patch may come out.

    > Thanks, Jason.
    > At the moment it's pretty misleading for the buyer when new XBox games don't
    > state that on them that they won't play on the XBox 360 as well.
    > Especially when it seems that some older XBox games will play on the XBox
    > 360 quite well.

    There is list of Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games here

    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

    There will be another Xbox 360 System Update with a significant number
    of new games supported, real soon now
    Nathan Mercer, Dec 11, 2006
  7. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:
    >> "Jason Clinton" <> wrote in message

    >> > Given the low number of titles that are backwards compatible, I'd tend
    >> > to take the cautious approach and assume its not backwards compatible.
    >> >
    >> > I agree that the reviews should state whether its 360 compatible or
    >> > not for the moment - a patch may come out.

    >> Thanks, Jason.
    >> At the moment it's pretty misleading for the buyer when new XBox games
    >> don't
    >> state that on them that they won't play on the XBox 360 as well.
    >> Especially when it seems that some older XBox games will play on the XBox
    >> 360 quite well.

    > There is list of Xbox 360 Backwards Compatible games here
    >
    > http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm
    >
    > There will be another Xbox 360 System Update with a significant number
    > of new games supported, real soon now

    Thanks very much for that link, Nathan.

    I'll pass that onto the person I know of in the US who's grandson is getting
    a new XBox 360 for Christmas. The boy wanted to play Thrillville a newly
    released XBox game on it.
    Perhaps a version of that game will be released for the XBox 360 within the
    next few months.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Dec 11, 2006