    I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason and lately
    it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is there any value in
    keeping this player installed or should I gash it ?
    News, Jul 13, 2004

  2. News

    Alex B Guest

    That's cos it keeps going off to Real to download "messages" for you. Best
    thing you can do is deny it access, or you get pop ups from real all the
    time near the systrey.

    Alex B, Jul 13, 2004

  3. News

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:00:03 GMT, "News" <> wrote:

    >I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason and lately
    >it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is there any value in
    >keeping this player installed or should I gash it ?

    You can muck about with the preferences so you don't get any new
    messages or update information. (you might want to check for updates
    manually from time to time)

    You might also want to check out Real Player Alternative.
    Joel Rubin, Jul 13, 2004
  4. News

    Fucknuts Guest

    "News" <> wrote in message news:TiWIc.7204$Mr4.4391@pd7tw1no...
    > I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason and lately
    > it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is there any value in
    > keeping this player installed or should I gash it ?

    Surely there must be a reason?
    Fucknuts, Jul 13, 2004
  5. On 13 Jul 2004, Joel Rubin wrote

    > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:00:03 GMT, "News" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I installed Real 1 player some time ago for some unknown reason
    >> and lately it seems to want to access the net on it's own. Is
    >> there any value in keeping this player installed or should I gash
    >> it ?
    >>

    > You can muck about with the preferences so you don't get any new
    > messages or update information. (you might want to check for
    > updates manually from time to time)
    >
    > You might also want to check out Real Player Alternative.

    That was the solution I went for: it's *way* better than having
    RealOne on the machine.

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey