    apply new settings (i usually just turn it off then back on again) and it's
    back. any ideas? btw, i'm posting this is 64-bit area since that's what i
    run. Wasn't sure if it was 64-bit specific problem. thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Feb 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    from what I hear it takes a while for the ready boost to propagate to the usb .

    might post your vista question in a vista news group.
    several on the microsoft news servers.

    @sport.rr.com

    "Jason" <> wrote in message news:...
    I have a sandisk cruzer (originally had the u3 stuff on it, but i wiped it so
    its now just a normal usb drive) 2gb..,.. I plug it in, go to its
    properties, it allows me to enable readyboost to the recommended setting
    (just under 2g). if i go to the drive in explorer it shows a readyboost
    cache there. but after a bit of time (not talking long periods.. i'll browse
    the web a bit or something... so it's not going in to sleep mode or anything
    like that) and i'll go back to the drive and there will be nothing on it. if
    i go back into properties, i have to make some sort of adjustement so i can

    mikeyhsd, Feb 25, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

    Delrin Guest

    On Feb 25, 9:34 am, Jason <> wrote:
    > I have a sandisk cruzer (originally had the u3 stuff on it, but i wiped it so
    > its now just a normal usb drive) 2gb..,.. I plug it in, go to its
    > properties, it allows me to enablereadyboostto the recommended setting
    > (just under 2g). if i go to the drive in explorer it shows areadyboost
    > cache there. but after a bit of time (not talking long periods.. i'll browse
    > the web a bit or something... so it's not going in to sleep mode or anything
    > like that) and i'll go back to the drive and there will be nothing on it. if
    > i go back into properties, i have to make some sort of adjustement so i can
    > apply new settings (i usually just turn it off then back on again) and it's
    > back. any ideas? btw, i'm posting this is 64-bit area since that's what i
    > run. Wasn't sure if it was 64-bit specific problem. thanks.

    I don't want to get your hopes up, I don't have an answer for you, but
    I can tell you this is the first time I've seen someone else having
    the exact same problem. I also have the cruzer 2gig (also with U3
    removed), but I can tell you that the same problem occurs with any
    other device I use in this system. I have an internal card reader,
    tried it with a 2 gig CF card, same problem. Running Vista Ultimate
    64 bit here, too. I'll list my other system specs in case we can
    possibly find a similarity.

    Asus A8N SLI Premium mobo
    AMD X264 4400+
    2 GIG OCZ RAM
    Creative X-FI sound card

    I can also say that it isn't the fault of the cruzer, I've tried it in
    my other computer running Vista Business 32, works great....as does my
    CF card. In my case, the USB devices work ok as long as ReadyBoost
    isn't enabled on the drive. They work even better (quicker to
    respond) if I entirely disable the ReadyBoost service.

    I went as far as to call Microsoft on this, and have an open ticket.
    They mentioned that they would call me back "soon". So, if I hear any
    other news, I'll post it here. Also, there was a hotfix that dealt
    with USB support and the NV4 based motherboards, tried that and it
    didn't fix it.

    So far the common denominator seems to be Vista 64....

    Dave

    Delrin, Feb 26, 2007