READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by els, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. els

    els Guest

    READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I found this on a bulletin board and
    decided to try it. A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroups,
    just like you are now, and came across an article similar to this that said
    you could make
    thousands of dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00!
    So I thought, "Yeah right, this must be a scam", but like most of us, I was
    curious, so I kept reading. Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to each of
    the 6 names and address
    stated in the article. You then place your own name and address in the
    bottom
    of the list at #6, and post the article in at least 200 newsgroups. (There
    are thousands) No catch, that was it. So after thinking it over, and
    talking to a few people first, I thought about trying it. I figured: "what
    have I got to lose except 6 stamps and $6.00, right?" Then I invested the
    measly $6.00. Well GUESS WHAT!!, within 7 days, I started getting money in
    the mail! I was shocked! I figured it would end soon, but the money just
    kept coming in. In my first week, I made about $25.00. By the end of the
    second week I had made a total of over $1,000.00! In the third week I had
    over $10,000.00 and it's
    still growing. This is now my fourth week and I have made a total of just
    over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in rapidly. It's certainly worth
    $6.00, and 6 stamps, I have spent
    more than that on the lottery!! Let me tell you how this works and
    most importantly, why it works....Also, make sure you print a copy of this
    article NOW, so you can get the information off of it as you need it. I
    promise you that if you follow the directions exactly, that you will start
    making more money than you thought
    possible by doing something so easy!

    Suggestion: Read this entire message carefully! (print it out or download
    it.) Follow the
    simple directions and watch the money come in!

    It's easy. It's legal. And, your investment is only $6.00 (Plus postage)
    IMPORTANT: This is not a rip-off; it is not indecent;
    it is not illegal; and it is virtually no risk - it really works!!!! If all
    of
    the following instructions are adhered to, you will receive extraordinary
    dividends. PLEASE NOTE: Please follow these directions EXACTLY, and $50,000
    or more can be yours in 20 to 60 days. This program remains successful
    because of the honesty and
    integrity of the participants. Please continue its
    success by carefully adhering to the instructions. You will now become part
    of the Mail Order business. In this business your product is not solid and
    tangible, it's a service. You are in the business of developing Mailing
    Lists. Many large corporations
    are happy to pay big bucks for quality lists. However, the money made from
    the mailing lists is secondary to the income which is made from people like
    you and me asking to be included in that list. Here
    are the 4 easy steps to success:

    STEP 1:Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece
    of paper
    "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 6 US

    $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the
    bill will not be seen through the envelope (to prevent thievery). Next,
    place one paper in each of the 6 envelopes and seal them. You should now
    have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating the above
    phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00
    bill. What you are doing is creating a service.

    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! You are requesting a legitimate service and you
    are
    paying for it! Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried
    about the legal aspects of it all. So I checked it out with the U.S. Post
    Office (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal!
    REMEMBER, IF YOU DON'T SEND THE MONEY TO PEOPLE THE "SYSTEM" WON'T WORK AND
    NOBODY WILL GET MONEY. Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:

    #1) Joe Campbell
    25 Brucewood Crs.#701
    Toronto, on.,M6A 3C9, Canada

    #2) Keith Lambert
    1958 Dunedin Drive
    Old Hickory, Tennessee 37138

    #3) Heidi Schilling
    913 SE 13th Ter.
    Cape Coral, Florida 33990

    #4) Fay Mayo
    2808 Rueckert Ave.
    Baltimore, MD 21214

    #5) Bret Kershner
    182 Valley Rd
    Bernville, PA

    #6) B. Hartman
    2515 Friarwood Trail
    Kingwood, Texas 77339

    STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the other
    names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR Name as number 6 on
    the list.

    STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as close
    to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at least 200
    newsgroups. (I think
    there are close over 35,000) All you need is 200, but remember, the more you
    post, the more money you make! This is perfectly legal! If you have any
    doubts, refer to Title
    18Sec. 1302 & 1341 of the Postal lottery laws. Keep a copy of these steps
    for
    yourself and, whenever you need money, you can use it again ,and again.
    PLEASE REMEMBER that this program remains successful because of the honesty
    and integrity of the participants and by their carefully adhering to the
    directions. Look at it this way. If you are of integrity, the program will
    continue and the money that so many others have received will come your way.
    NOTE: You may want to retain every name and address sent to you, either on
    a computer or hard copy and keep the notes people send you. This VERIFIES
    that you are truly providing a service. (Also, it might be a good idea to
    wrap the $1 bill in dark paper to reduce the risk of mail theft.)

    So, as each post is downloaded and the directions carefully followed, six
    members will be reimbursed for their participation as a List Developer with
    one dollar each. Your name will move up the list geometrically so that when
    your name reaches the #1 position you will be receiving thousands of dollars
    in CASH!!! What an
    opportunity for only $6.00 ($1.00 for each of the first six people listed
    above) Send it now, add your own name to the list and you're in business!

    ---DIRECTIONS ----- FOR HOWTO POST TO NEWSGROUPS------------

    Step1) You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own posting.
    Simply put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag your cursor
    to the bottom of this
    document, and select 'copy' from the edit menu. This will copy the entire
    letter into the computer's memory.
    Step 2) Open a blank 'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top of the
    blank page. From the 'edit' menu select 'paste'. This will paste a copy of
    the letter into notepad so that you can add your name to the list.
    Step 3) Save your new notepad file as a .txt file. If you want to do your
    postings in different settings, you'll always have this file to go back to.
    Step 4) Use Netscape or Internet Explorer and try searching for various
    newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites, discussions.)
    Step 5) Visit these message boards and post this article as a new message by
    highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste from the
    edit menu. Fill in the Subject, this will be the header that everyone sees
    as they scroll through the list of postings in a particular group, click the
    post message button.

    You're done with your first one! Congratulations...THAT'S IT! All you have
    to do is jump to different newsgroups and post away, after you get the hang
    of it, it will take about 30 seconds for each newsgroup! **REMEMBER, THE
    MORE NEWSGROUPS YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL MAKE!! BUT YOU HAVE TO
    POST A MINIMUM OF 200**. That's it! You will begin receiving money from
    around
    the world within days! You may eventually want to rent a P.O. Box due to
    the large amount of mail you will receive. If you wish to stay anonymous,
    you can invent a name to use, as long as the postman will deliver it. **JUST
    MAKE SURE ALL THE ADDRESSES ARE CORRECT.**. Now the WHY part: Out of 200
    postings, say I receive only 5 replies (a very low example). So then I made
    $5.00 with my name at #6 on the letter. Now, each of the 5 persons who just
    sent me $1.00 make the MINIMUM 200 postings, each with my name at #5 and
    only 5 persons respond to each of the original 5, that is another $25.00 for
    me, now those 25 each make 200

    MINIMUM posts with my name at #4 and only 5 replies each, I will bring in an
    additional $125.00! Now, those125 persons turn
    around and post the MINIMUM 200 with my name at #3and only receive 5 replies
    each, I will make an additional $626.00! OK, now here is the fun part, each
    of those 625 persons post a MINIMUM 200 letters with my name at #2 and they
    each only receive 5
    replies, that just made me $3,125.00!!! Those 3,125 persons will all
    deliver this message to 200 newsgroups with my name at #1 and if still
    5persons per 200 newsgroups react I will receive $15,625,00! With an
    original investment of only $6.00! AMAZING!

    When your name is no longer on the list, you just take the latest posting in
    the news groups, and send out another $6.00 to names on the list, putting
    your name at number 6 again. And start posting again. The thing to remember
    is: do you realize that
    thousands of people all over the world are joining the internet and reading
    these articles everyday?, JUST LIKE YOU are now!! So, can you afford $6.00
    and see if it really works?? I think so... People have said, "what if the
    plan is played out and no one sends you the money? So what! What are the
    chances of that happening when there are tons of new honest users and new
    honest people who are joining the internet and newsgroups everyday and are
    willing to give it a try? Estimates are at 20,000 to
    50,000 new users, every day, with thousands of those joining the actual
    internet. Remember, play FAIRLY and HONESTLY and this will really work.
    els, Nov 19, 2003

  2. els

    Boomer Guest

    "els" <> wrote in

  3. els

    Boomer Guest

    "els" <> wrote in

    > READING THIS

    > Canada
    > Tennessee
    > Florida
    > MD
    > PA
    > Texas

    I wonder what area is the most gullible?
    Boomer, Nov 19, 2003
  4. els

    Richard Guest

    Boomer! wrote:

    > "els" <> wrote in

    Why do you bother to even reply?
    Just send the complaint and forget the jerk.
    That's one thing I've got to applaud newsguy for, they filter that shit out
    so I never see it.
    Richard, Nov 19, 2003
  5. els

    trout Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > That's one thing I've got to applaud newsguy for, they filter that
    > shit out so I never see it.

    Speaking of filtering shit.... quit changing your address, dumbass.
    --
    "And stay in the killfile, you morphing asshole."
    trout, Nov 19, 2003
  6. els

    hayes3 Guest

    Another con artist...

    Sad...

    hayes3, Nov 19, 2003
  7. On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:02:41 +0000, hayes3 wrote:

    > Another con artist...
    >
    > Sad...

    What's sadder, is YOU reposting the whole damn scam.

    > "els" <> wrote in message
    >> READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

    <SNIP>

    --
    Registered linux user: 305646
    SuSE Pro 9.0
    William Poaster, Nov 19, 2003
  8. els

    Patrick Guest

    hayes3 wrote:
    > Another con artist...
    >
    > Sad...

    Sad indeed that you reposted the whole 11KB of the rubbish !

    Further, please allow me to suggest that you take a look at the link below,
    it concerns the hideing (munging) of your e-mail in your posts to
    newsgroups.
    Link; http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html

    Patrick, Nov 19, 2003