    "This server requires a username and password."

    What do I need to do?
    Thanks.

    Rex F. May, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Rex F. May

    Jerry G. Guest

    Call your ISP to verify that your setup is correct, or their server is down.
    It is also possible that your newsgroup listing file is corrupt. If you
    suspect it is corrupt, you can delete your subscriptions and setup to the
    newsgroup, re-enter all your parameters, and then re-download the groups
    file.

    First enquire to your ISP, to see if your system is properly set up.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    "Rex F. May" <> wrote in message
    > I've been reading newsgroups for some time, but now they won't come up,

    and

    Jerry G., Jan 31, 2005