    any way I can read the disk on RedHad Linux 9?

    Thanks,

    -Tom
    Tom Cat, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Tom Cat

    Ken Scharf Guest

    Tom Cat wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I made the mistake of taking my CD out of my Sony Mavica camera before
    > finalizing it. I took the disk with me, but left the camera. Is there
    > any way I can read the disk on RedHad Linux 9?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Tom

    Maybe, one of the CD burning programs will be able to
    pull the iso file off the CD to your hard disk.
    If you have the 'loopback' device compiled into your
    kernel, you can then mount the file as a virtural
    drive and read off the files just as if you had mounted
    the cd.

    I think K3B or Xcdroast might be your best bets here,
    though I've never tried this function.

    'dd' might also work, I think it can read a raw device
    without mounting it and create an image file.
    Ken Scharf, Sep 16, 2004