  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How do i read e-mail attachments?
    Guest, Feb 24, 2004

  2. I was highly tempted to say, "Read the enclosed attachment"... Sorry, if any
    one has a sense of humour they don't want, I could do with it..

    Please tell us, what software you are using? Outlook Express, Outlook, too
    many to list...

    wrote:
    :: How do i read e-mail attachments?

    ---
    eric the seal, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Guest

    trout Guest

    wrote:

    > How do i read e-mail attachments?

    It depends upon the type of attachment. Generally, clicking on it,
    and choosing "Open", will invoke whatever program is associated with
    that type of program (photo, sound file, etc.).
    The option will be removed by default in OE6. To enable this, you go
    to Tools; Options; Security, and remove the restriction.
    Note: this is a potential security risk. If there's *any* doubt
    about the attachment, or the sender; it should first be 'saved to disk',
    and then scanned with a reliable anti-virus program *before* opening.
    And recognizing the Sender does not guarantee that the attachment is
    safe to open.
    --
    "Safety first."
    trout, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Guest

    trout Guest

    trout wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> How do i read e-mail attachments?

    > It depends upon the type of attachment. Generally, clicking on it,
    > and choosing "Open", will invoke whatever program is associated with
    > that type of program* (photo, sound file, etc.).

    *Whoops. That should have read "that type of *file*".

    --
    "Need...more.....coffee."
    trout, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Guest

    reid decker Guest

    Maybe you could click on the paper clip at the right.

    reid decker, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Guest

    bardeban Guest

    tools/option/security/uncheck do not allow attachment.......

    bardeban, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Howdy!

    <> wrote in message
    > How do i read e-mail attachments?

    I usually use my eyes.

    Now - do you mean "How do I open attachments in Outlook Express
    6.0SP1 when it says 'Access to the attachment has been denied due to a
    possible virus' " ?

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Feb 29, 2004