    TIA
    Trvst2

    , Dec 18, 2004

  2. Ionizer Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I used to be able to find what files were on a floppy disk by
    > clicking on drive A: from My Computer, but now when I do this, some
    > kind of search program (with a magnifying glass icon) pops up and
    > requires me to identify what files or names I want to look for in
    > drive A:. How can I get around this search program and simply find out
    > what is on drive A:?

    Look at the floppy via Windows Explorer?

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Guest

    strange. Try right clicking A and then clicking explore
    or try
    start..run..a: <ENTER>
    I always do that - with C as well.
    or use explorer

    or open the command prompt - it's in the start menu. For Win XP it is
    CMD.EXE do not use command.com
    Type dir a: <ENTER>

    or as ionizer said - use explorer (I always get here by
    start..run..explorer <ENTER>

    , Dec 18, 2004
  4. Lloyd Jones Guest

    >or as ionizer said - use explorer (I always get here by
    >start..run..explorer <ENTER>

    Why not just press the windows button and E on the keyboard.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Dec 18, 2004
  5. Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:
    > >or as ionizer said - use explorer (I always get here by
    > >start..run..explorer <ENTER>

    > Why not just press the windows button and E on the keyboard.
    >
    > LJ

    why not create a generation of users that say "oh no, what to do, what
    to do, I can't find the windows button"

    Helpful techies nowadays have enough to deal with telling people to
    click here and right click there and, yes, *left* click. At least
    with the keyboard they have some solace "Hold ALT+SPACE" is more
    technical. But to say "Press the Windows Key with E", - that, will
    just precipitate a puke.
    "mother fucker [GUI gates] invaded my f*ing keyboard #?%%%?#5?"

    , Dec 19, 2004