    Is there such a thing that allows you to plug in your photo cards
    (sd,xd,compactflash or whatever) into a USB reader that will allow any
    computer with USB sockets to read them?
    Matalog, Nov 13, 2005

  2. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    I just searched for it in google, it seems it's quite a common thing.

    Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?

    Matalog, Nov 13, 2005

  3. "Matalog" <> writes:

    > Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?

    23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
    thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
    counting.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Matalog

    Matalog Guest

    "Måns Rullgård" <> wrote in message
    > "Matalog" <> writes:
    >
    > > Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?

    > 23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
    > thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
    > counting.
    >
    > --

    There's actually a 33 in 1 reader too, here they are - Some very similar!
    1.. CF1
    2.. CF2
    3.. Extreme CF
    4.. Extreme 3 CF
    5.. Ultra 2 CF
    6.. HS CF
    7.. MD
    8.. MS
    9.. MS Duo
    10.. MS Magic Gate
    11.. MS Magic Gate Duo
    12.. MS Magic Gate Pro
    13.. MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
    14.. Extreme MS Pro
    15.. Extreme 3 MS Pro
    16.. Ultra 2 MS Pro
    17.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro
    18.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
    19.. MS ROM
    20.. MS Select
    21.. SD
    22.. Mini SD
    23.. Extreme SD
    24.. Extreme 3 SD
    25.. Ultra 2 SD
    26.. MMC 1
    27.. MMC 2
    28.. MMC 4.0
    29.. RS MMC
    30.. HS RS MMC
    31.. SM
    32.. XD
    33.. T-Flash

    Matalog, Nov 13, 2005
  5. "Matalog" <> writes:

    > "Måns Rullgård" <> wrote in message
    >> "Matalog" <> writes:
    >>
    >> > Did anyone buy the 23 in 1 reader from ebay? Was it good?

    >> 23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
    >> thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
    >> counting.

    > There's actually a 33 in 1 reader too, here they are - Some very similar!
    > 1.. CF1
    > 2.. CF2
    > 3.. Extreme CF
    > 4.. Extreme 3 CF
    > 5.. Ultra 2 CF
    > 6.. HS CF
    > 7.. MD

    Is it even possible to make a CF reader incapable of reading one or
    more of those, except for the type 1/2 distinction?

    > 8.. MS
    > 9.. MS Duo
    > 10.. MS Magic Gate
    > 11.. MS Magic Gate Duo
    > 12.. MS Magic Gate Pro
    > 13.. MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
    > 14.. Extreme MS Pro
    > 15.. Extreme 3 MS Pro
    > 16.. Ultra 2 MS Pro
    > 17.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro
    > 18.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
    > 19.. MS ROM
    > 20.. MS Select

    Again, pro/non-pro are the only interface differences I know of.

    > 21.. SD
    > 22.. Mini SD
    > 23.. Extreme SD
    > 24.. Extreme 3 SD
    > 25.. Ultra 2 SD

    More of the same nonsense.

    > 26.. MMC 1
    > 27.. MMC 2
    > 28.. MMC 4.0
    > 29.. RS MMC
    > 30.. HS RS MMC

    And even more.

    > 31.. SM
    > 32.. XD

    What? Couldn't they come up with half a dozen variants of those formats?

    > 33.. T-Flash

    Electrically identical to SD, and usually comes with an adapter.

    I wonder why they don't list all the Lexar variants while they're at it.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Nov 13, 2005
  6. Matalog

    kctan Guest

    Off course with Win XP but not Win 9x as it needs to load its card reader
    driver to work.

    kctan, Nov 13, 2005
  7. Matalog

    c Guest

    > "Matalog" <> writes:
    >
    > > "Måns Rullgård" <> wrote in message

    > >> 23? How on earth did they manage to invent that many types? I
    > >> thought 12 or so was the maximum even with the most generous way of
    > >> counting.

    > > There's actually a 33 in 1 reader too, here they are - Some very

    similar!
    > > 1.. CF1
    > > 2.. CF2
    > > 3.. Extreme CF
    > > 4.. Extreme 3 CF
    > > 5.. Ultra 2 CF
    > > 6.. HS CF
    > > 7.. MD

    > Is it even possible to make a CF reader incapable of reading one or
    > more of those, except for the type 1/2 distinction?
    >
    > > 8.. MS
    > > 9.. MS Duo
    > > 10.. MS Magic Gate
    > > 11.. MS Magic Gate Duo
    > > 12.. MS Magic Gate Pro
    > > 13.. MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
    > > 14.. Extreme MS Pro
    > > 15.. Extreme 3 MS Pro
    > > 16.. Ultra 2 MS Pro
    > > 17.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro
    > > 18.. HS MS Magic Gate Pro Duo
    > > 19.. MS ROM
    > > 20.. MS Select

    > Again, pro/non-pro are the only interface differences I know of.
    >
    > > 21.. SD
    > > 22.. Mini SD
    > > 23.. Extreme SD
    > > 24.. Extreme 3 SD
    > > 25.. Ultra 2 SD

    > More of the same nonsense.
    >
    > > 26.. MMC 1
    > > 27.. MMC 2
    > > 28.. MMC 4.0
    > > 29.. RS MMC
    > > 30.. HS RS MMC

    > And even more.
    >
    > > 31.. SM
    > > 32.. XD

    > What? Couldn't they come up with half a dozen variants of those formats?
    >
    > > 33.. T-Flash

    > Electrically identical to SD, and usually comes with an adapter.
    >
    > I wonder why they don't list all the Lexar variants while they're at it.
    >
    > --
    > Måns Rullgård

    Actually, there is a 42 in 1 card reader on EBay. It is made by Sabrent. The
    details are here: http://www.sabrent.com/products/specs/SBT-CRW42.htm. These
    are made in both internal and external configurations. The internal reader
    fits in a 3.5" bay.

    Chris
    c, Nov 13, 2005
  8. "c" <> writes:

    > Actually, there is a 42 in 1 card reader on EBay. It is made by Sabrent. The
    > details are here: http://www.sabrent.com/products/specs/SBT-CRW42.htm. These
    > are made in both internal and external configurations. The internal reader
    > fits in a 3.5" bay.

    Come on guys, I'm sure there are few more card labels out there.
    Listing all capacities individually would be a good start.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    =?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=, Nov 13, 2005
  9. Matalog

    Randy Given Guest

    The SanDisk 12 reader is good, compact, stands up, takes little desktop
    space.
    Randy Given, Nov 15, 2005