    dbase) info. Some of the files have .spf extensions.
    I really want to import the info into excel.
    Any help thanks or

    J-McC, Jul 2, 2005

  2. J-McC wrote:
    > I need to read some Attache Catapult data files. I have looked at
    > them but I am not sure what the basic database program is. I dont
    > think it is dataflex as it does not have millions of xxxx.k1 xxxx.k2
    > etc. The index files have .idx extn, the data files have .dat
    > extension. The data files do not appear to have header info (like
    > dbase) info. Some of the files have .spf extensions.
    > I really want to import the info into excel.
    > Any help thanks or

    Might want to look for a util to dump the .dats as text files. In
    moving stuff from Access to MySQL, I found a bunch of converters with
    names like access2sql, access2text, and so on. Granted, "Attache
    Catapult" probably isn't encountered very often in the real world, like
    Access would be, but it's worth a shot. Also Google some combinations
    like (quotes indicate keyPHRASESP):

    "database conversion" catapult

    and that kind of thing.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2005

  3. J-McC

    J-McC Guest

    Thanks for the Help.
    I had a quick look at google, I should have thought about it first.!
    When I was working on some dataflex files I found that the database
    field info was stored in a form file in a different folder!
    J-McC

    J-McC, Jul 3, 2005