    Windows, such as Outlook Express, Office, Windows Explorer, and IE. However,
    I cannot read Korean any longer.

    Can you help me? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVhbg==?=, Nov 5, 2004

  2. Hello, "Jean" <>!
    You wrote on Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:19:05 -0800:

    J> 1) Before formatting, when I click the ‘EN’ icon, I had three listings
    J> and chose one to bring out a box that let me type Korean characters.
    J> However, now I have only two options and when I click “English (United
    J> States)-Korean (Hangul)” option, nothing happens. That is, the box does
    J> not appear and I cannot type in Korean.
    J> 2) Before formatting, somehow I set up to read Korean language
    J> everywhere on Windows, such as Outlook Express, Office, Windows
    J> Explorer, and IE. However, I cannot read Korean any longer.

    Just out of curiousity, have you gone to Windows Update, and gotten the
    Korean Language Packs? They will be in the Windows portion of your
    available updates.
    Hope this helps.

    Patrick Dickey. E-mail: pd1ckey43(removeThis)@msn.com
    ---
    Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you...

    Patrick Dickey, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Hi, Patrick.

    Thank you for the suggestion. I did install the "Korean Language Packs."
    However, the package is not useful for me because I have W2k and the package
    is for W XP.

    The procedure that I took to set up was,

    Control Panel-> Regional Options -> General Tab -> Language Settings for the
    System -> Select Korean -> Input Locales Tab -> Add Korean

    This procedure enabled me to type and read most of Korean. However, the
    problem remaining is the file names and the subject line for Outlook, that
    they do not convert into Korean.

    Do you or anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVhbg==?=, Nov 30, 2004