    disk let me think that it is a 720 KByte floppy : DS DD 1.0 Mb / 1.0 Mo

    Marc
    , Nov 6, 2005

  2. rivenglo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to read a very old 3.5" floppy that has been created by a
    > Brother electronics typewriter. I get always the message "Format not
    > recognized" when trying to use a raw floppy editor. The label of the
    > disk let me think that it is a 720 KByte floppy : DS DD 1.0 Mb / 1.0 Mo

    I tried to retrieve data from some of these for a friend and couldn't get
    anywhere using a PC. I did find another Brother WPC on Ebay for £20 which
    did the trick - but probably wasn't much good for converting to a standard
    format. (Some WPC can save as ASCII on normal floppies but I think the
    Brother does a non standard format)
    rivenglo, Nov 14, 2005

  3. chessucat Guest

    You need to get a 3.5" Newtronics floppy drive (D357K) to read the
    disk. This drive write at a different speed than the standard floppy
    drives, they didn't make very many of 'em cause of the compatibility
    problems.

    <chessucat twitches>
    chessucat, Nov 15, 2005