    Is there any way of controlling the action of CD hardware to maximize
    the chance of reading the CDs?

    Any other suggestions?

    Richard Wright, Aug 15, 2003

  2. Richard Wright <> wrote:

    >Three years ago I burned some images onto CD-Rs. All the CDs were
    >readable after burning.
    >
    >Now I have problems. Those on Sony discs are still readable. Those on
    >Princo are not. There is no visible damage to the Princo CDs.
    >
    >In the case of the Princo discs the system hangs after fruitlessly
    >trying to read the directories. I have tried two other computers, with
    >the same problem.
    >
    >Data recovery software doesn't work, because I can't read the discs in
    >the first place.
    >
    >Is there any way of controlling the action of CD hardware to maximize
    >the chance of reading the CDs?
    >
    >Any other suggestions?

    Have you tried CDR-Diagnostic? I've found it superlative in recovering
    data from 'unreadable' CDRs. Don't download the latest version from
    the official site, as it's a non-functional demo. Here's a link to
    older versions that do function:
    http://www.filesearching.com/cgi-bin/s?q=cdrdiag&t=f&d=&l=en

    HTH

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 18, 2003