    argus Guest

    what would be the best newsgroup reader i could use (just
    started certs and these ms groups look helpful)

    argus, Jul 15, 2004

  2. argus

    catwalker63 Guest

    You can use Outlook Express. There is also freeagent or xnews -- check
    http://snapfiles.com/ for downloads and ratings.

    --
    Kelley
    aka catwalker

    catwalker63, Jul 15, 2004

  3. argus

    argus Guest

    oh, and what would be the adress for the ms newsgroups (go
    easy im still learning here)

    argus, Jul 15, 2004
  4. argus

    argus Guest

    thanks, just found out admin has port 119 blocked and wont
    open it, so guess stuck with ie if i wont to, please any
    better ideas

    argus, Jul 15, 2004
  5. argus

    Andy Foster Guest

    "argus" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    IFYPFY
    Posting replies after, rather than before, the message being replied to
    makes it easier to follow.

    Andy Foster, Jul 15, 2004
  6. argus

    Guest Guest

    thanks for the pointer Andy, you no if theres any other
    way to access this ng, considering i have port 119 blocked
    and cant stand the web interface

    Guest, Jul 15, 2004
  7. argus

    Rick Guest

    Yes I do, but as others pointed out you would be risking you job by
    circumventing your companies security. You should ask your admin if he would
    be willing to make a firewall rule that would open port 119 to the MS news
    server only. It is quite easy to specify a destination address and port on
    most firewalls. The news server address is news.microsoft.com or via IP for
    the firewall rule 207.46.248.16.

    Rick

    Rick, Jul 15, 2004
  8. argus

    Neil Guest

    <> wrote in news:2df0001c46a5a$b0b29130
    $:

    > thanks for the pointer Andy, you no if theres any other
    > way to access this ng, considering i have port 119 blocked
    > and cant stand the web interface

    yer hosed, but at least you show good taste...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 15, 2004
  9. my admin is as stubern as mud (i think thats the saying)
    so looks like im, as neil says hosed, but hay may drop in
    when i got some time, and pastions (yeah i know i cant
    spell, and cant be bothered coping for spell check) but
    looking at the 3 posts above me it looks prity lame at
    times, hope yas are giving these cheap cheates a hard time

    argus/anonymous, Jul 15, 2004
  10. argus

    Rick Guest

    Maybe he is afraid you will learn to much and replace him. When it comes to
    people being able to learn and improve their skills I never filter. It makes
    my life better if people put forth the effort to improve their computer
    skills. I can understand blocking other NNTP server on the internet as they
    are a serious risk to security do to the content posted in the alt binaries
    news groups. Hey maybe your admin would be willing to setup a NNTP windows
    server on site to pull from MS (LOL I doubt that either). Well I am sorry to
    hear that you are stuck with the web interface but at least it is there.

    Rick

    Rick, Jul 15, 2004
  11. argus

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 15, 2004 "argus" blathered:

    > what would be the best newsgroup reader i could use

    None.

    > (just started certs and these ms groups look helpful)

    Then run, don't walk, RUN away from this newsgroup. This place is merely
    *posing* as an innocent newsgroup but in all actuality, it is a deep, dark,
    black hole that will steal your very soul and delay your certification
    process for all of eternity. So close down your current newsgroup reader or
    web browser and GET BACK TO WORK YOUNG MAN (or old woman, fetus, whatever)!!!

    After all that, I would recommend Xnews. I'm using it. It's quite nifty.

    --
    TechGeekPro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 15, 2004
  12. argus

    JaR Guest

    wrote:

    > thanks for the pointer Andy, you no if theres any other
    > way to access this ng, considering i have port 119 blocked
    > and cant stand the web interface
    >

    >>IFYPFY
    >>Posting replies after, rather than before, the message

    > being replied to
    >
    >>makes it easier to follow.

    One more time, refrain from top-posting. Try Google Groups if 119 is
    blocked.

    JaR
    Redundant Thug

    JaR, Jul 15, 2004
  13. argus

    kpg Guest

    > my admin is as stubern as mud (i think thats the saying)

    Neil, are you moonlighting?

    :)

    kpg, Jul 15, 2004
  14. argus

    Neil Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in news:#O1#a5oaEHA.3016
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    >> my admin is as stubern as mud (i think thats the saying)

    > Neil, are you moonlighting?
    >
    >:)

    why becuase this poster can't spell "stubborn" or becuase I would be an
    Obstinate a-hole of an admin?

    either way it could have been me....but it wasn't

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jul 15, 2004
  15. argus

    Worm Guest

    My boss is out of town, and the network is running like a Rolex...Should I
    stay or should I go?

    Worm, Jul 15, 2004
  16. argus

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jul 15, 2004 "Worm" blathered:

    > My boss is out of town, and the network is running like a Rolex...Should I
    > stay or should I go?

    I wouldn't know, I have a Seiko.

    --
    TechGeekPro
    MCNGP #36, MCSA, A+, Net+, i-Net+

    TechGeekPro, Jul 15, 2004
  17. argus

    Worm Guest

    Does it say "Marlboro" on it?
    (mine, does)

    Worm, Jul 15, 2004
  18. Worm wrote:
    > My boss is out of town, and the network is running like a
    > Rolex...Should I stay or should I go?

    Darling you gotta let me know
    Should I stay or should I go?
    If you say that you are mine
    I'll be here 'til the end of time
    So you got to let know
    Should I stay or should I go?

    Always tease tease tease
    Siempre - coqetiando y enganyando
    You're happy when I'm on my knees
    Me arrodilla y estas feliz
    One day is fine, next is black
    Un dias bien el otro negro
    So if you want me off your back
    Al rededar en tu espalda
    Well come on and let me know
    Me tienes que desir
    Should I Stay or should I go?
    Me debo ir o que darme

    Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go there will be trouble
    An' if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know

    This indecision's bugging me
    Esta undecision me molesta
    If you don't want me, set me free
    Si no me quieres, librame
    Exactly who'm I'm supposed to be
    Diga me que tengo ser
    Don't you know which clothes even fit me?
    ?Saves que robas me querda?
    Come on and let me know
    Me tienes que desir
    Should I cool it or should I blow?
    ?Me debo ir o quedarme?

    Should I stay or should I go now?
    ?Yo me frio o lo sophlo?
    If I go there will be trouble
    Si me voi - va ver peligro
    And if I stay it will be double
    Si me quedo es doble
    So you gotta let me know
    Me tienes que decir
    Should I stay or should I go?
    ?Yo me frio o lo sophlo?

    --
    Fris "With apologies to The Clash" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jul 15, 2004
  19. argus

    JaR Guest

    Worm wrote:
    > My boss is out of town, and the network is running like a Rolex...Should I
    > stay or should I go?

    Well, considering you made that statement, and Murphy's Law being what
    it is, and Cthulhu doing what he does, I'd say you better hide. Your
    network is about to become a notwork.

    JaR
    Pessimistic Thug

    JaR, Jul 15, 2004