Read the data from Excel

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by MAdhav, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. MAdhav

    MAdhav Guest

    I try to read the data from excel using the following
    queries

    1) SELECT *
    FROM OpenDataSource( 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
    'Data Source="c:\ExcelData.xls";
    User ID=Admin;Password=;Extended properties=Excel
    8.0')...Sheet1$

    the above gives me an error like
    OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' does not contain
    table 'Sheet1$'. The table either does not exist or the
    current user does not have permissions on that table.

    2) select * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
    'Excel 8.0;DATABASE=c:\ExcelData.xls', 'Select * from
    [Sheet1$]')
    The above gives me an error like
    OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an
    error.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: The Microsoft Jet
    database engine could not find the object 'Sheet1$'. Make
    sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the
    path name correctly.]

    ...Please give me solution as soon as possible
    Waiting for ur reply..Thank u
    Madhav
    MAdhav, Jul 14, 2004