    I am using OE6, and he was using Microsoft Outlook (not Express).

    Tia
    Allpoints

    ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE, Jan 19, 2004

  2. ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE

    Boomer Guest

    "ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE" <> wrote in

    > Good afternoon,
    > I enquired with a supplier as to why they didn't respond to my
    > read receipt. I wanted them to to acknowledge they had received my
    > order. They said no request receipt message appeared. While I was
    > talking to him I sent another test email. He received it but the
    > request read receipt did not show. I checked the function was
    > definitely switched on. I am using OE6, and he was using Microsoft
    > Outlook (not Express).
    >
    > Tia
    > Allpoints

    They must have their e-mail client not to send a "return receipt".

    Boomer, Jan 19, 2004

  3. ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Because of people like you, I don't answer read receipts. Trouble makers.

    pcbutts1, Jan 19, 2004
  4. ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE

    Ghostmaster Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    : Because of people like you, I don't answer read receipts. Trouble makers.
    :

    I have that disabled. Best thing I ever did for OE. Most tend to abuse
    that feature.

    Ghostmaster, Jan 19, 2004
  5. ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE

    Flaccid Guest

    ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE wrote:

    > I enquired with a supplier as to why they didn't respond to my read
    > receipt. I wanted them to to acknowledge they had received my order.
    > They said no request receipt message appeared.

    Perfectly normal. Their mail software may have receipt notifications
    disabled, meaning they'll never see your request. Not much you can do.

    Flaccid, Jan 19, 2004
  6. ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE

    Senti Guest

    ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE did mumble
    puJOb.18125$...

    > Good afternoon,
    > I enquired with a supplier as to why they didn't respond to my read
    > receipt. I wanted them to to acknowledge they had received my order.
    > They said no request receipt message appeared. While I was talking to
    > him I sent another test email. He received it but the request read
    > receipt did not show. I checked the function was definitely switched
    > on.
    > I am using OE6, and he was using Microsoft Outlook (not Express).
    >
    > Tia
    > Allpoints

    IMO, it's no one's business when or if I open my email, so I set Outlook
    Express to *never* send a read reciept.

    It's better to ask them *in the body of the message*, to send a quick email
    saying that they got your order. I think a good business would do this on
    their own...
    --
    ~SF~
    You can't be a Real Country unless you have a Beer and an airline -- it

    Senti, Jan 19, 2004
  7. ALLPOINTS ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE

    Spider Guest

    Re: Re: Read receipt problem?

    > Because of people like you, I don't answer read receipts. Trouble makers.
    >
    > --

    I've always noticed the relationship between sending read receipts and my phone ringing for support. I was very excited when I could control that in Outlook.

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 19, 2004