    between solid green and solid white?

    TIA

    Jim
    Rover, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Rover

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Rover" wrote in message news:

    > Im running winXp pro. When I look at properties of a folder
    > the read-only box is solid green. What does that mean? If I
    > click it, it then goes white. If I click it again it becomes a check
    > mark. I assume the checked box means it is read-only, but what
    > is the difference between solid green and solid white?

    Ticked - all child objects have the attribute
    Unticked - no child objects have the attribute
    Colour - some child objects have the attribute
    Dave Lear, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Dave Lear wrote:
    > "Rover" wrote in message news:
    >

    >>Im running winXp pro. When I look at properties of a folder
    >>the read-only box is solid green. What does that mean? If I
    >>click it, it then goes white. If I click it again it becomes a check
    >>mark. I assume the checked box means it is read-only, but what
    >>is the difference between solid green and solid white?

    > Ticked - all child objects have the attribute
    > Unticked - no child objects have the attribute
    > Colour - some child objects have the attribute

    For those who get confused by all this talk of the children/parents of
    folders, here's a transalation:

    Ticked - all items inside the folder have that attribute
    Unticked - none of the items in the folder have that attribute
    Colour - some, but not all, of the items in the folder have that attribute

    It also pays to note that the above applies if you're looking at the
    properties of multiple files.

    ~Senti (is bored)
    Sentient Fluid, Apr 21, 2005