Re: zonealarm popup

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Jan 29, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "melanie jones" <> wrote in

    > I am running Windows 7 with Zonealarm free version 9.1.007.002.
    > Recently whenever I switch on my pc I am greeted with an onscreen
    > Zonealarm invitation
    > to try their Zonealarm Security Suite. This invitation pops up on the
    > screen every time I turn on my pc and I don't know how to stop it. Any
    > suggestions? I contacted Zonealarm and they said that if its
    > the free version of Zonealarm then the pop up cannot be stopped! I
    > went to msconfig, startup, and disabled ZA CHECK POINT SOFTWARE and ZA
    > FORCEFIELD. Then I restarted the computer and found that nothing had
    > changed, the pop up still appears. I'm tempted to just remove ZA. Does
    > Windows 7 have a decent firewall? (I am using Avast free antivirus).

    Try looking in start->programs->startup.

    However, it sounds like nagware. A fairly common thing.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Jan 29, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    howie

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I got this from a German forum, and it seems to work.
    1. Shut down ZoneAlarm manually.
    2. In the Start menu, right click on ZoneAlarm Security and choose 'Properties'.
    3. On the 'compatibility' tab, check the box that says 'run program as administrator' (or similar: I'm using the German version here :D ) If the box is greyed out, you'll firstly have to click 'change settings for all users', give your administrator password and confirm. You needn't close the ZA Properties dialog box.
    4. Start ZoneAlarm from the Start menu. When the splash appears, click 'no thanks'

    Good luck
    howie, Nov 21, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Schroder

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    This TOTALLY works thank you! I'm using an english version in the U.K.
    Schroder, Jun 7, 2011