Re: Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The 5th Quincunx, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. "" <> wrote in message
    > "The 5th Quincunx" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm after a quiet, performance heatsink, and the Zalman 7000 seems to be

    the
    > >pick of the bunch. I've found a range of reviews for either the all

    copper
    > >7000-Cu, or the Aluminium Copper composite 7000-AlCu. The Copper version

    is
    > >noticeably heavier and costlier - which isn't good, but would be

    tolerated
    > >if it performed noticeably better. However, the AlCu reviews I've seen
    > >suggested that the Aluminium fins compensate for the better heat
    > >conductivity of the copper, by being better heat-shedders. Or something

    like
    > >that. Accordingly, I can't find many suggestions that the extra 10 bucks

    and
    > >500 grams of the copper unit is money well spent.
    > >
    > >Has anyone either read a head to head comparison review, or used both

    units?
    > >I don't mind the extra outlay or out-of-spec weight if the performance is
    > >justified. So, is it?
    > >

    > Have a Look at
    >
    > http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm
    >
    > Scroll down the list and the various Zalman are at the bottom.
    >
    > Hope this helps

    No sign of the Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu there.
    The 5th Quincunx, Jun 22, 2003

  2. The 5th Quincunx

    Strontium Guest

    Do a google for 7000cu, not 7000-cu

    -

    --
    Strontium

    "Shortcuts are self-defeating. Mean. If you cannot do it,
    clean, you'll never reach your reward..." - 311
    Strontium, Jul 13, 2003

  3. The 5th Quincunx

    Strontium Guest

    Geez, OE was set to ascend, versus 'descend' view. I, really, need to pay
    attention to dates!
    -

    SNIP!
    Strontium, Jul 13, 2003
  4. The 5th Quincunx

    KahKeeNang Guest

    Strontium wrote:
    > Do a google for 7000cu, not 7000-cu
    >
    > -
    > The 5th Quincunx stood up, at show-n-tell, and said:
    >
    >> "" <> wrote in message

    >>> Have a Look at
    >>>
    >>> http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm
    >>>
    >>> Scroll down the list and the various Zalman are at the bottom.
    >>>
    >>> Hope this helps

    >> No sign of the Zalman 7000-Cu or 7000-AlCu there.

    For me, if non-overclock, the default heatsink & fan will suffice

    --
    To deter unsolicited reply, pls do not click default
    "REPLY" which is a anti-spam non-existance email

    ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../

    This is computer generated. No signature will be required.

    KahKeeNang, Jul 18, 2003