Re: Your prefered photo editing software?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David J. Littleboy, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. "JMooreTS" <> wrote:

    > I am currently trying out Picture Window Pro (like it).

    I like it too. There's a new version coming out this month.

    The problem, though, is that everything (well, 99.99%) on the web that
    discusses image editing assumes full Photoshop, so even if you don't like
    it, you don't have a choice.

    You can keep the cost down by getting Elements and then an upgrade version.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Sep 1, 2003

  2. David J. Littleboy

    Paul Cordes Guest

    It's already out! http://www.dl-c.com

    Paul Cordes, Sep 1, 2003

  3. David J. Littleboy

    billn Guest

    "David J. Littleboy" ---------->

    > You can keep the cost down by getting Elements and then an upgrade

    version.

    Are you saying that if you buy Elements you will then be eligible to
    purchase the latest upgrade version (at the upgrade price) of Photoshop
    which will result in the full version of Photoshop?

    That seems to be too good to be true. And it would make it affordable.

    thanks

    bill n
    billn, Sep 1, 2003
  4. David J. Littleboy

    billn Guest

    "David J. Littleboy" ------------>

    > "billn" ----------->
    > >
    > > "David J. Littleboy" ---------->
    > > >
    > > > You can keep the cost down by getting Elements and then an upgrade

    > > version.
    > >
    > > Are you saying that if you buy Elements you will then be eligible to
    > > purchase the latest upgrade version (at the upgrade price) of

    Photoshop
    > > which will result in the full version of Photoshop?
    > >
    > > That seems to be too good to be true. And it would make it

    affordable.

    > You need to read the fine print at Adobe's site, but there have been
    > upgrades to full Photoshop from Elements/LE that were cheaper than the
    > nominal new price for the full product. Of course, the upgrade price

    itself
    > isn't cheap. Sigh.

    True, the upgrade isn't exactly cheap, but it is less than the $600 to
    $700 I've seen it priced for at the local Best Buy. I think, with the
    emphasis on 'think' that I saw the upgrade for around $150 early this
    year. Could be wrong. Anyway though, I'll probably be going with PSP8
    now that I'm going to have a computer powerful enough to handle a larger
    program. Was just using IrfanView for minor tweaks plus cropping and
    rescaling. That in itself is a great program especially since it's free
    ;-)

    bill n
    billn, Sep 1, 2003
  5. David J. Littleboy

    Don Coon Guest

    > "billn" <li&> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "David J. Littleboy" ---------->
    > > >
    > > > You can keep the cost down by getting Elements and then an upgrade

    > > version.

    > You need to read the fine print at Adobe's site, but there have been
    > upgrades to full Photoshop from Elements/LE that were cheaper than the
    > nominal new price for the full product. Of course, the upgrade price

    itself
    > isn't cheap. Sigh.
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    David,

    I've searched and seached and searched and I can't even find a hint of an
    upgrade price from Elements or LE to the full version.

    PLEASE show me how!

    Thanks ahead,

    Don
    Don Coon, Sep 1, 2003
  6. "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:

    > David,
    >
    > I've searched and seached and searched and I can't even find a hint of an
    > upgrade price from Elements or LE to the full version.
    >
    > PLEASE show me how!

    When I got my copy, they were having a sale (on their site) on what looked
    like the full version. When the box got here, it was clearly marked
    "upgrade" and required LE or Elements.

    Maybe it's gone...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Sep 1, 2003
  7. David J. Littleboy

    Pat Chaney Guest

    On 1/9/03 3:43 pm, "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote:

    >> You need to read the fine print at Adobe's site, but there have been
    >> upgrades to full Photoshop from Elements/LE that were cheaper than the
    >> nominal new price for the full product. Of course, the upgrade price
    >> itself isn't cheap. Sigh.
    >>
    >> David J. Littleboy
    >> Tokyo, Japan
    >>

    > David,
    >
    > I've searched and seached and searched and I can't even find a hint of an
    > upgrade price from Elements or LE to the full version.
    >
    > PLEASE show me how!

    I bought the full PS 7 as an upgrade from the bundled LE version - although
    it wasn't much cheaper than the full version (around 50 GBP ($75) less if I
    remember correctly).

    However I just checked the Adobe site and that version is apparently no
    longer available. The only upgrade now is from previous full versions.

    Pat
    --
    Photos at:
    http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGallery.cfm?Format=Cell&AcctID=1251
    Pat Chaney, Sep 3, 2003
  8. David J. Littleboy

    FOR7b Guest

    >> David,
    >>
    >> I've searched and seached and searched and I can't even find a hint of an
    >> upgrade price from Elements or LE to the full version.
    >>
    >> PLEASE show me how!

    >I bought the full PS 7 as an upgrade from the bundled LE version - although
    >it wasn't much cheaper than the full version (around 50 GBP ($75) less if I
    >remember correctly).
    >
    >However I just checked the Adobe site and that version is apparently no
    >longer available. The only upgrade now is from previous full versions.
    >

    >Pat
    >--
    >Photos at:
    >http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGallery.cfm?Format=Cell&AcctID=1251

    Try alternatives like the very powerful Paint Shop Pro 8. Superior interface to
    either Adobe product as it is completely customizable and much more powerful
    than Elements for around the same price. If Adobe isn't required for any reason
    like at a place of work then why bother when there are better alternatives.

    FOR7b, Sep 3, 2003
  9. David J. Littleboy

    Dierk Haasis Guest

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:09:04 +0100, Pat Chaney <> wrote:

    >However I just checked the Adobe site and that version is apparently no
    >longer available. The only upgrade now is from previous full versions.

    I just now went over to www.adobe.com, selected Purchase/Adobe Store,
    my country (Germany), then All products. From the opening pop-up I
    chose Photoshop and got the price list shown. There is an upgrade
    price (significantly lower than the full price) listed for PS LE and
    Elements.

    --

    Dierk
    Dierk Haasis, Sep 3, 2003