Re: Your prefered photo editing software?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jon Bell, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Jon Bell

    Jon Bell Guest

    In article <>,
    JMooreTS <> wrote:
    >I'd like to know the editing program you prefer.
    >
    >I'm heading into doing doing scans of all my old negs and prints.

    Are you buying a new scanner? If you are, it may come with image-editing
    software. My Nikon film scanner came with Adobe Photoshop LE a few years
    ago, and more recently my Canon flatbed (I think it's the equivalent of
    the current LIDE 30) came with Photoshop Elements.

    Elements looks OK, although I still use the older Photoshop LE because it
    has one or two things that I use regularly but Elements doesn't have.
    Also, Elements started up much more slowly on my old Macintosh G3.

    --
    Jon Bell <> Presbyterian College

    Jon Bell, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Jon Bell

    Peter Jones Guest

    Most of the higher end image editors do a really good job. I use an
    old copy of Corel PhotoPaint 8 for my editing. Full scripting with
    dialogs and file handling make it very powerful. It's also really
    cheap to pick up these days.

    Peter

    On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:30:15 GMT, (Jon Bell)
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >JMooreTS <> wrote:
    >>I'd like to know the editing program you prefer.
    >>
    >>I'm heading into doing doing scans of all my old negs and prints.

    >Are you buying a new scanner? If you are, it may come with image-editing
    >software. My Nikon film scanner came with Adobe Photoshop LE a few years
    >ago, and more recently my Canon flatbed (I think it's the equivalent of
    >the current LIDE 30) came with Photoshop Elements.
    >
    >Elements looks OK, although I still use the older Photoshop LE because it
    >has one or two things that I use regularly but Elements doesn't have.
    >Also, Elements started up much more slowly on my old Macintosh G3.

    Digital Photography Reference
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/PJDigPhot.htm
    Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
    http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/software.htm
    Health, happiness and healing
    http://www.SuperNaturalWoman.com

    Peter Jones, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Jon Bell

    JunkMonkey Guest

    I have to admit I like Corel PhotoPaint 9 better than any editor I have ever
    used. PhotoPaint is Photoshop's only serious competition. (better user
    interface, superior selection tools, full PS compatibility and does ANYTHING
    PS 7 does)

    You can buy the complete OEM Corel Graphics Suite v9 for around $50 from
    www.SoftwareOutlet.com . That includes PhotoPaint, CorelDraw, Corel
    Capture, CorelTrace,CorelScript,CorelTexture, Bitstream Font Navigator, and
    Canto Cumulus LE. This is a registerable copy (I registered mine) and can
    be used for upgrades, the only difference between it and the full version
    is you have to pay for support and you don't get Microsoft Visual Basic for
    Apps. I have no connection with this company or Corel except as a happy
    customer.

    I recently downloaded the trial version of CGS V11 and it is even better
    It's got a special cut out tool that really works great. I want it!

    JunkMonkey, Sep 1, 2003