Re: You Mean I Won't Be GEtting Paid More for Getting This Cert?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Frisbee®, Oct 22, 2007.

  1. Frisbee®

    Frisbee® Guest

    "TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
    > Interesting. New study shows uncertified workers are geting paid more...
    >
    > http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/networkhub/you-mean-i-wont-get-
    > paid-more-for-getting-this-cert/?track=NL-81&ad=610276&asrc=EM_USC_2423132
    > &uid=5959721
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/yvmvn5

    Without reading it, it's misleading.

    Almost every salary survey I've ever read implies that people with 2-year
    college degrees (Hi!) make less than those with only a high school education
    in IT. There's a logical explanation for this, however. The vast majority
    of those with only a HS degree went directly into IT in the late 70's to
    early 80's and have been working for decades. Of course they're going to be
    making more, the 2-year degrees are only comparatively recent in nature in
    regards to IT.

    I suspect the same thing applies here. Those who have been working forever
    in IT really don't need to get certified. Generally only entry-level people
    are encouraged to get certification (ironic, eh?).

    Skewing the results of statistics is an art form.

    I should get certified in it.

    Or maybe a PhD in it.

    --
    Fris "Phoney Diploma" bee®, MCNGP #13