Re: You may be a victim of software counterfeiting?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jordon, Apr 21, 2010.

  1. Jordon

    Jordon Guest

    Jane Galt wrote:
    >> Jane Galt wrote:
    >>> I just got this message popping up when I booted. I dont mind validating
    >>> Win 7 AGAIN ( did it before, if I recall ) but just want to make sure
    >>> this isnt some kind if viral or trojan? Why would Microsoft be bugging
    >>> me about a legitimate install?

    > I called JR Computer, they put the call over to Asus support, where they told
    > me to backup my files and reinstall the OS! I AM SO PISSED!
    >
    > It took me this past several weeks to get the new computer JUST the way I
    > like it, it has a frickin Microsoft COA on the side of the box, and I'm
    > getting daily crap when I boot, telling me I may be the victim of software
    > piracy, it sends me to Microsoft site where I run an applet to verify
    > authenticity, then it asks me if I want to BUY Windows 7 now!!
    >
    > And all they can tell me to do is reinstall the OS?!
    >
    > WHAT IF I do that and it happens again in a month?!

    You have a brand new computer from JR Computer and they
    pass tech support to Asus? Take it back to Bubba Junior
    and demand that they fix it or replace it.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Apr 21, 2010