Re: Yes means yes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Stacey Chuffo, May 20, 2009.

  1. "Limpy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a registry tweak or similar to prod XP Pro into accepting the
    > fact that when I say "Yes To All" in a dialog therein, as "A file by
    > that name already exists in that folder...are you SURE you want to
    > move *this* file there and overwrite that other'n?" And I click *Yes
    > to All* Windows comes back and asks AGAIN! Do you want to move *some
    > other file* (see above).
    > And then, after saying *YES* once again, it asks if I want to move
    > some damned .db file!
    > YES DAMMIT, YES! I WANT TO MOVE *ALL* THE FILES IN THE WHOLE FUCKING
    > FOLDER!!!!! <pant, pant>
    >
    > Help?

    Get Vista and when you move files to the folder you get the option of
    "keeping both files" which just puts a number after the filename and you can
    click "do this for all files"

    There's only one problem with that though -- with Vista, after you save
    about 3 files to your hard drive then your computer will run as fast as the
    IBM PC XT.
    Stacey Chuffo, May 20, 2009

  2. Stacey Chuffo

    Limpy Guest

    In the magical world of this newsgroup called 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    on Wed, 20 May 2009 14:24:49 -0700 we were all amazed to see "Stacey
    Chuffo" <> write:

    >> Help?

    >Get Vista

    LOL!!!