Re: Yes means yes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, May 19, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Limpy <> wrote in

    > Is there a registry tweak or similar to prod XP Pro into accepting the
    > fact that when I say "Yes To All" in a dialog therein, as "A file by
    > that name already exists in that folder...are you SURE you want to
    > move *this* file there and overwrite that other'n?" And I click *Yes
    > to All* Windows comes back and asks AGAIN! Do you want to move *some
    > other file* (see above).
    > And then, after saying *YES* once again, it asks if I want to move
    > some damned .db file!
    > YES DAMMIT, YES! I WANT TO MOVE *ALL* THE FILES IN THE WHOLE FUCKING
    > FOLDER!!!!! <pant, pant>
    >
    > Help?

    Put down the mouse, move your hands away from it and the keyboard and
    *think* for at least two minutes before you move them back everytime
    you're given a choice. It's not a race.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, May 19, 2009

  2. chuckcar

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 May 2009 19:44:09 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Put down the mouse, move your hands away from it and the keyboard and
    >*think* for at least two minutes before you move them back everytime
    >you're given a choice. It's not a race.

    Put down your mouse. Turn off your computer. Box it back up. Destroy
    it. Never buy another computer again.

    Evan Platt, May 19, 2009

  3. chuckcar <> deflatulated this with

    > Limpy <> wrote in
    >
    >> Is there a registry tweak or similar to prod XP Pro into accepting the
    >> fact that when I say "Yes To All" in a dialog therein, as "A file by
    >> that name already exists in that folder...are you SURE you want to
    >> move *this* file there and overwrite that other'n?" And I click *Yes
    >> to All* Windows comes back and asks AGAIN! Do you want to move *some
    >> other file* (see above).
    >> And then, after saying *YES* once again, it asks if I want to move
    >> some damned .db file!
    >> YES DAMMIT, YES! I WANT TO MOVE *ALL* THE FILES IN THE WHOLE FUCKING
    >> FOLDER!!!!! <pant, pant>
    >>
    >> Help?

    > Put down the mouse, move your hands away from it and the keyboard and
    > *think* for at least two minutes before you move them back everytime
    > you're given a choice. It's not a race.

    And if more peoples did that, fewer peoples would have
    the speed-deleting brian-damages; thus the bankrupting
    medical bills upon their wholesome families for many
    generations henceforthe. Alas; the humanity...

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder,(*(^; , and *NO*, that is *NOT* "a "snake" in
    my pocket;" and, *NO*, I am *NOT* the Octomom's baby-daddy!

    Pay your taxes to keep unwed moms on artificial inseminations :

    http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/z/8/2/hopenosis.gif

    Bucky Breeder, May 20, 2009
  4. chuckcar

    Tony Guest

    Chuck doesn't the word *pocketpool* go into your sentence somewhere? Tell
    him no more 2 minutes of *pocketpool* with it because it'll stunt your
    thinking processes.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city